The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Lord of Chaos (The Wheel of Time, #6)
This topic is about Lord of Chaos
Wheel of Time > LOC: Part 2(Chapters 3-7)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 2

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 2 (Chapters 3-7).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
So I like Mat, but listen to Mat trying to pick up a tavern maid with dance moves he remembers from one of his new memories isn't exactly the most exciting plotline. I'm more interested in how he's serving as a decoy for Rand with Sammael.

I have trouble keeping the Forsaken apart. Sammael was some how influenced to go after Rand to take him out and it had to do with the 2 people that Semirhage found? That kind of confused me.

Either way, there doesn't seem to be much else to comment on for this section. I can see why I gave this one 2 stars. I can see myself giving it 3 stars if the story pick ups though.

Despite the lack of things going on, I'm not bored. Just not super excited either.

Sumant | 522 comments Ya there was basically nothing happening in this part of the book.

I was literally sleeping when listening to this section and when I use to woke up again nothing much would have happened in the story.

Bill | 1596 comments I really liked the Forsaken POV parts because they gave some insight into the different Forsaken and helped separate them for me. It was also interesting seeing how they came to join the dark side and who they were before.

I think the pacing on this book seems a bit slow because there are so many POVs that I don't feel like the story is progressing at all.

message 5: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
That's a good point about the number of POVs. This book has to have like 10-20 more POVs than the last few books did.