The Not a Book Club Club discussion

Lord of Chaos (The Wheel of Time, #6)
This topic is about Lord of Chaos
Wheel of Time > LOC: Part 1(Prologue-Chapter 2)

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Bill | 1596 comments Part 1

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Part 1 (Prologue-Chapter 2).

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling this for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later chapters/books. Referring back to events from a previous section/book is fine

message 2: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Rob (robzak) | 6373 comments Mod
Holy crap this prologue is long. Over 3 hours (out of 41.5) in the audio book. I was really confused for awhile wondering if they just didn't say the chapter breaks or something. But nope, all prologue.

So far very little has happened. Mostly checking in with a variety of characters. We checked in with Perrin, whose feeling drawn to Rand. He wants to leave everyone else behind, but Faile has other plans.

Meanwhile Demondred was summoned before the dark one and there is a new Halfman unlike any we've seen so far. I forget his name. Demondred is unhappy about it.

It looks like two of the Forsaken were revived in new bodies, but one isn't happy about their new body. I'm not sure if I just missed which two or what. I'm also not sure why they were unhappy based on the text, but I suspect I remember from my previous read why. Since I'm not sure if that's a spoiler though, I won't post it.

Meanwhile Nyneave and Elaine have been learning from Morainge or whatever the forsaken's name is, and passing the knowledge off as their own "discoveries".

The head of the White Cloaks is plotting and hopes to use Queen Morgase in his plot. I'm sure that'll go well.

Meanwhile Gawyn thinks his mother is dead and that Rand killed him. Hooray for rumors.

Probably more stuff I'm forgetting, but maybe not. It's been a pretty slow book so far.

Sumant | 522 comments Ya the prologue was really huge, Demandred gets some big position offered from the dark lord I think.

Also the revived forsaken I have an idea of who they are (view spoiler). Just guessing.

I think you meant Moghdien :P

message 4: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Haha. Yeah. I did mean Moghdien. Too many M names!

Teanka | 134 comments Moghedien, lol :)

message 6: by Rob, Mayor of Ghost Town (new) - rated it 3 stars

Close enough! :-P

Bill | 1596 comments That prologue seriously was massive. I listened to it in audio but am going to have to do the text also. There were so many new characters.

I was thinking the two reborn forsaken were the two idiots from the end of book 1 since they didn't get much screen time. I doubt it is Asmodean since the great lord of the dark didn't seem pleased with him at all. I really need to make list of all the members of the different factions to keep track of everyone.