Magic Dome Books discussion

LitRPG > What this folder is for?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Simon (last edited Oct 06, 2016 09:39AM) (new)

Simon Vale | 300 comments Mod
We publish different books, but mostly - LitRPG. It is a subgenre of science fiction and fantasy which describes the hero's adventures within an online computer game. LitRPG books merge traditional book-style narration with elements of a gaming experience, describing various quests, achievements and other events typical of a video game.

We want to create a place to discuss LitRPG, share related stuff etc. Welcome!

message 2: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (matthewsylvester) | 12 comments Absolutely loving the LitRPG and having a great time writing for the genre! Have one novella out with beta readers and onto my second in the series already. Great fun.

message 3: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (matthewsylvester) | 12 comments Whilst writing these books, I'm now actually having to develop the game in the background, which I love doing anyway!

Smilla's Sister (smillassister) | 7 comments Mod
Matthew wrote: "Whilst writing these books, I'm now actually having to develop the game in the background, which I love doing anyway!"

How cool! I have a huge respect for people who can create new game worlds. I'd never be able to write a LitRPG because I know I'd have to invent a game first! Keep 'em comin'! You sure have a grateful audience here.

message 5: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (matthewsylvester) | 12 comments I was going to say, I'm blown away from the reception I've had and my Beta Readers are coming through with steady 4* Amazon ratings for the books.

I've recently been commissioned to write for an RPG which is a lifetime ambition achieved so very happy about that!

It's a shame more people aren't writing about LitRPG in this section of the group. Would love to meet some fellow Brits that are writing this.

message 6: by GaiusPrimus (new)

GaiusPrimus I'm not a writer, but am an avid reader of the genre, accounting for around 25% of the the books I've read this year. The problem is that it is such a new style in English that I'm in fear of having nothing to read.

Thankfully, I see that Shaman, Defence and Mirror have translations coming out before the end of the year.

For me, the driving force behind wanting to read the genre is the sense of nostalgia and ability to continue to experience gaming in the midst of a hectic and time consuming schedule that doesn't lend itself to that activity.

So, all the more power to you and to all the writers and translators in the genre.

message 7: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (matthewsylvester) | 12 comments Smilla's Sister wrote: "Matthew wrote: "Whilst writing these books, I'm now actually having to develop the game in the background, which I love doing anyway!"

How cool! I have a huge respect for people who can create new..."

Thanks! I'm hoping that I'll be able to release at least a couple over a short period of time. I'm aiming for novella length to go under our 'Flashbang Fiction' imprint. Short, punchy stories for a reasonable price.

message 8: by Matthew (new)

Matthew (matthewsylvester) | 12 comments GaiusPrimus wrote: "I'm not a writer, but am an avid reader of the genre, accounting for around 25% of the the books I've read this year. The problem is that it is such a new style in English that I'm in fear of havin..."
If you'd like to join my Beta Readers and get your hands on the first drafts you're more than welcome to sign up using this link - http://eepurl.com/chRuTD