Play Book Tag discussion

Archives 2016-2017 > New offering for Amazon Prime members - free books!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6305 comments Saw this announcement today:

Starting Wednesday, Prime members can pick from more than 1,000 digital books, magazines, short works and comic books at no extra cost through Prime Reading.

Subscribers can access reads from any Kindle or Fire tablet or on the Kindle apps for iOS and Android. The rotating selection includes "The Hobbit," "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone," "The Man In the High Castle" and magazines like Sports Illustrated, People and National Geographic Traveler.

message 2: by Rachel N. (new)

Rachel N. | 1444 comments I'll have to check out the selection since we have prime. Can't say no to free books :-)

message 3: by Ladyslott (new)

Ladyslott | 1880 comments It seems like it's all the free books available from Kindle Unlimited.

message 4: by Kristel (new)

Kristel (kristelh) | 696 comments Not too exciting yet, maybe it will improve. I do use Prime music and Prime video so, I hope...

message 5: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6305 comments Kristel wrote: "Not too exciting yet, maybe it will improve. I do use Prime music and Prime video so, I hope..."

Agree, I saw perhaps two books I would like to read. But still, it makes me feel good just to have the option of free books.

message 6: by Jenni Elyse (new)

Jenni Elyse (jenni_elyse) | 1268 comments Interesting. I'll have to take a look and see if there are any books I'd like to read. Thanks for sharing.

message 7: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6930 comments So, are authors still getting their royalties? I'm not one, but do think that songwriters and authors need to get what is rightfully theirs.

message 8: by Anita (new)

Anita Pomerantz | 6305 comments Authors have to opt in to programs like Kindle Unlimited so know in advance what terms they agree to from a royalty standpoint. I believe they are paid by pages read in their books from a big pool of funds that Amazon sets aside for that purpose.. . .which is tracked somehow through the Kindle app.

message 9: by Karin (new)

Karin | 6930 comments Anita wrote: "Authors have to opt in to programs like Kindle Unlimited so know in advance what terms they agree to from a royalty standpoint. I believe they are paid by pages read in their books from a big pool ..."

Okay, that makes sense.