Pakistani Readers discussion

351 views
Book of the Month > Suggestions for BOTM (Mar,2017)

Comments Showing 1-50 of 263 (263 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Hey! Guys... :)

Let's Do our first job and that is to start a group read and for the time being i want you guys to suggest some good reads to read this month... and now first five commentators's choice will be taken in consideration and we will carry out voting here on the thread. (Any genre any book)

All members interested in the read comment here.
From next month we will have organised system for monthly reads..


message 3: by Sara (new)

Sara Saif | 630 comments Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring


message 4: by Ishaque (new)

Ishaque A. | 6 comments خس و خاشاک زمانے - مستنصر حسین تارڑ

The forty rules of Love by Elif Shafak

The Goldfinch by Donna Tart


message 5: by Abdullah (new)

Abdullah Khalid | 806 comments Why? Are we finishing buddy read thread?


message 6: by Amna (new)

Amna  (devilishpisho) | 3268 comments No I guess this is a book of the month thread. And buddy read is a different thread...


message 7: by Awais (new)

Awais Irfan | 17 comments The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman.


message 8: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Nah that is a a buddy read and it's group read. :)

Haha I thought everyone will suggest a singel book :p anyway.
Wait until some members show interest here.


message 9: by Rural Soul (new)

Rural Soul | 69 comments If you aren't a "Pakistani" English Reading Enthusiast then there's a lot hidden worth reading in Urdu.
Ghussay Ki Nai Fassal by Assad Muhammad Khan.
He holds several awards but we don't know him.


message 11: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 4 comments It Ends with Us by Colleen Hoover ? :p Please? :3


message 12: by Muneeb (new)

Muneeb Khan | 3 comments Manual of the Warrior of Light by Paulo Coelho


message 13: by Aakash (last edited Oct 05, 2016 11:06AM) (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Okay!
So Now choose a single book to be read from the below!( Only One)

1. Guns, Germs, and Steel: The Fates of Human Societies
2. Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring
3. The forty rules of Love by Elif Shafak
4. The Goldfinch by Donna Tart
5. The Invisible Library by Genevieve Cogman
6. Fahrenheit 451
7. The Centre of My World
8. It Ends with Us


Sorry Guys for now i am skipping urdu books as like short notice like this not everyone can get them... In sha Allah If we have reliable reader for Urdu books, we will have do something about it.(separate Thread. :) )

P.S Everyone! Please which ever book is chosen do read it with us. :)


message 14: by [deleted user] (new)


message 15: by Sara (new)

Sara Saif | 630 comments #2


message 16: by Abdullah (new)

Abdullah Khalid | 806 comments Yup. A separate thread for urdu would be great. :D

I will vote for "it ends with us" by CoHo or otherwise choose anyone because I haven't read any novel except Fahrenheit 451 .


message 17: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments It Ends With us

@Maria- (y) :)


message 18: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 4 comments Thanks for my adding my book to the list! ^_^ I'll vote for It Ends With Us since it's the only one I have out of those :3


message 19: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Sorry choices are closed now.. Please chose a book from the listed ones. :) the book with more votes by tomorrow night till eleven will be chosen as BOTM FOR OCTOBER!


message 20: by Amna (new)

Amna  (devilishpisho) | 3268 comments It ends with us is amazing <3


message 21: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments Amna wrote: "It ends with us is amazing <3"

Yup, have heard great things about this book.


message 22: by Abdullah (new)

Abdullah Khalid | 806 comments @Nigham baji, I am with you.
Akash sir, kindly add "it ends with us" . There are a lot of votes for it now. A mod must be flexible :P


message 23: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Lol I added it end with us... Now it has most votes.. Let wait till tomorrow night.

Do visit group tomorrow night!!!


message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Aakash, add the Illuminatus trilogy too please. It's the size of one book.


message 25: by imts (new)

imts (heirofinkandpaper) | 322 comments i would say it ends with us or the goldfinch, but i've read both, sooo...

well then either lord of the rings or the centre of my world is my vote :P


message 26: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Haha okay this month all books suggest till tomorrow will be considered. Now the book with most votes will be considered.
Asad's book #9
Munib's book #10


message 27: by Awais (new)

Awais Irfan | 17 comments I vote The Invisible Library


message 28: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Vote for one @muse :p


message 29: by Maria (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 4 comments Nigham wrote: "It Ends With us

@Maria- (y) :)"


Hehe ^_^ You have it too? Have you read it or is it your first time?


message 30: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments Maria wrote: "Hehe ^_^ You have it too? Have you read it or is it your first time?"

It's in my TBR pile. And also got recommendations from 3 friends. :p Besides... I love CO-HO. <3 You? :)


message 31: by S (new)

S | 15 comments My vote would be for 'It ends with us' ... it's really amazing .. definitely a must read.


message 32: by imts (new)

imts (heirofinkandpaper) | 322 comments okaay okaay my vote's for LOTR XD


message 33: by Lara (new)

Lara Zuberi (larazuberi) | 569 comments Will vote for The invisible library, I hope my library has it

Also, 40 rules of love was already a BOTM before and many of us read it then


message 34: by Miss (new)

Miss  Khan (Amaryllis01) | 3 comments I'll definitely vote for "It Ends With Us".


message 35: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments 5 votes for, It Ends With Us. :p


message 36: by Ramla Zareen (new)

Ramla Zareen Ahmad | 431 comments Oh so sorry to know that I am too late for the nominations, I'll try to be quicker next month! Anyway, to select one book out of the list, well, I would like to read It Ends With Us, if I can find it in the library. Even if I can't, I would still be interested to follow the discussion. Thanks! :-)


message 37: by Azkah (new)

Azkah Viqar (azviqar) | 1 comments I'll definitely vote for It Ends with Us


message 38: by ⊱ Poppy ⊰ (last edited Oct 05, 2016 11:44PM) (new)

⊱ Poppy ⊰ (poppyreadsalot) | 484 comments "The Goldfinch by Donna Tart" . :(
Because I've read the remaining ones :/ but I can re-read Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring :D


message 39: by Maria (last edited Oct 06, 2016 02:57AM) (new)

Maria (mariasaleem) | 4 comments Nigham wrote: "Maria wrote: "Hehe ^_^ You have it too? Have you read it or is it your first time?"

It's in my TBR pile. And also got recommendations from 3 friends. :p Besides... I love CO-HO. <3 You? :)"


It's my first time reading one of her books :)


message 40: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments Maria wrote: "It's my first time reading one of her books :) "

You are gonna love her then. And can't say anything about this book, but read Confess if you have got time. :)


message 41: by Sara (new)

Sara Saif | 630 comments ⊱ Poppy ⊰ wrote: "
"The Goldfinch by Donna Tart"
. :(
Because I've read the remaining ones :/ but I can re-read
Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring
:D"


Oh Poppy. If only other people would too. We could have some really great discussions.


message 42: by Aakash (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Sara wrote: "⊱ Poppy ⊰ wrote: "
"The Goldfinch by Donna Tart"
. :(
Because I've read the remaining ones :/ but I can re-read
Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring
:D"

Oh Poppy. If only other peopl..."


yeah! :( :P


message 43: by ⊱ Poppy ⊰ (new)

⊱ Poppy ⊰ (poppyreadsalot) | 484 comments Sara wrote: "⊱ Poppy ⊰ wrote: "
"The Goldfinch by Donna Tart"
. :(
Because I've read the remaining ones :/ but I can re-read
Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring
:D"

Oh Poppy. If only other peopl..."

IKR !! LOTR IS THE BEST!! :( It Ends With Us, is not good for a public read :D


message 44: by Abdullah (new)

Abdullah Khalid | 806 comments ⊱ Poppy ⊰ wrote: "Sara wrote: "⊱ Poppy ⊰ wrote: "
"The Goldfinch by Donna Tart"
. :(
Because I've read the remaining ones :/ but I can re-read
Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring
:D"

Oh Poppy. If onl..."


Ok. I got your point poppy.
@Akash sir, I am changing my choice from "it ends with us " to any novel you people choose.


message 45: by Awais (new)

Awais Irfan | 17 comments So when is the book finalized and when do we start? Sorry, this is my first time.


message 46: by Aakash (last edited Oct 06, 2016 10:59AM) (new)

Aakash (mistyanon) | 5347 comments Mod
Okay so here are the results; :)

It end with us = 5 votes
The Goldfinch = 3 votes
The Invisible Library = 2 votes
The Lord Of the Rings - The Fellowship Of Two Towerrs = 1 votes
Illuminatus trilogy = 1 vote



Book for October is IT ENDS WITH US

It Ends With Us-BOTM_Oct. 2016
IT END WITH US.epub

@Abdullah your vote is counted for Goldfinch...


message 47: by Hira (new)

Hira Harry Potter and the cursed child By
Jk Rowling, Jack Thorne and John Tiffany


message 48: by ⊱ Poppy ⊰ (new)

⊱ Poppy ⊰ (poppyreadsalot) | 484 comments Abdullah wrote: "⊱ Poppy ⊰ wrote: "Sara wrote: "⊱ Poppy ⊰ wrote: "
"The Goldfinch by Donna Tart"
. :(
Because I've read the remaining ones :/ but I can re-read
Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship of the Ring
:D"..."


:/ Seriously we should read Goldfinch or LOTR :( and IKR this book is so not for buddy reading :/ I'll see how you guys will discuss it :D it should be fun :D You'll buddy read it with everyone, kiddo?


message 49: by Nigham (new)

Nigham | 4000 comments ⊱ Poppy ⊰ wrote: "
Because I've read the remaining ones :/ but I can re-read
Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship ..."


Haha, you should have told that earlier. :p


message 50: by ⊱ Poppy ⊰ (new)

⊱ Poppy ⊰ (poppyreadsalot) | 484 comments Nigham wrote: "⊱ Poppy ⊰ wrote: "
Because I've read the remaining ones :/ but I can re-read
Lord of the Rings: the Fellowship ..."

Haha, you should have told that earlier. :p"


I already told that earlier :/ Screenshot bejhu :D


« previous 1 3 4 5 6
back to top