Agatha Christie Lovers discussion

General > Solving Agatha Christie Mysteries

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gary (new)

Gary Krich | 4 comments It must be borne in mind at all times that the true objective of any detective story is not to relate a complex crime and solve it, but to baffle the reader!
Therefore it follows that the author is the true villain of the piece and that YOU are the true detective.
It further follows that, in the book, the author is merely trying to solve her[1] own crime. She is the master criminal who is bored of her own genius; who leaves behind clues for you to pick up; who is looking for an adversary. The Secret Adversary, get it?

Continue reading...
http://garykrich.blogspot.ie/2016/08/...

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I love it! In one episode of Poirot, he joked about being a criminal, himself, and how he would drive Scotland Yard nuts; working new crimes and covering himself so well.

Well BOTH of them would have me baffled. I toyed with the idea of writing some Poirot based fan fiction but his logic goes completely over my head.

message 3: by Gary (new)

Gary Krich | 4 comments Thanks Gillian. If you have a good idea you should work on the book. And how about creating your own detective if Poirot doesn't work for you? All the best for the book.
Cheers, Gary

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi Gary;

I actually LOVE Poirot. I don't think I could LIVE with him, but he does have endearing qualities, and he works just fine as Agatha created him and David Suchet realized him on screen. Thank you for the encouragement, though.