What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Magic Casement (A Man of His Word, #1)
This topic is about Magic Casement
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Old fantasy series about words kept secret to avoid transferring magic [s]

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Diane (new)

Diane | 2 comments All I remember about it was a young man (I think his name was Rap or something similar) who was a wizard or perhaps learning to be one. The magic system had something to do with how you couldn't speak certain words because that would transfer your magic to the person who heard the word. I believe it was a series, and by a well-known author.

message 3: by SBC (new) - added it

SBC (essbeecee) | 893 comments Could it be the A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin? The main character is Ged and words are significant to their magic.

message 4: by Diane (last edited Oct 22, 2016 03:46PM) (new)

Diane | 2 comments SOLVED! Thank you, Anna. It is A Man of His Word series.

Justanotherbiblophile | 1767 comments You can mark this request as solved by clicking the 'edit' link next to the subject line / title, and then selecting one of the "Solved" folders. This will help save our moderators some time.

You should also change the subject line / title to start "SOLVED: [then your existing title]" which helps people still find your request later.

Solved requests are almost as important as unsolved requests (eg, so don't delete your info :D Otherwise it looks like this, which completely doesn't show how you generated *so* much interest for your book). The requests continue to exist in the archive, and people looking for your book end up on that page via search engine because of your description/keywords - which improves the whole world :)