The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Dandelion Dynasty > TWoS: Part Three Tempest from the North (ch 35-56)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Part Three

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Chapters 35-56.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling things for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later sections/books.

message 2: by Geoff (new)

Geoff (geoffgreer) Three chapters in:

I was right about the message at the end of part 2.

Its the invaders, and they aren't joking around.

message 3: by Geoff (new)

Geoff (geoffgreer) The Lyucu are not messing around. The story of their history, then meeting Madipere's expedition, the coming of Luan Zya, and culminating in their invasion of Dasu/Rui was phenomenal. It was told in such an intriguing manner.

It'll be interesting to see how the scientific investigations are turned into advantages against the Lyucu.

message 4: by Sky (last edited Dec 12, 2016 06:26PM) (new)

Sky | 1291 comments I blew past this section without realizing it. I enjoyed the line about the "lamentations of their women" :D

I hadn't read the back of the book (since I am doing audio) so I had no idea there would be an invading force. It came out of nowhere for me (but in a good way). There were a few moments of disbelief about the dragons/garanafin (sp?) since for the most part except for the existence of the gods of Dara this has been pretty "silkpunk" and not fantasy, but I enjoyed the scientific investigations and anatomical discussions that figured out how they tick. Basically flying cows with sharp teeth that can ignite farts from their mouth :)