World, Writing, Wealth discussion

All Things Writing & Publishing > Script writing & indie film production: Are you doing it?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alex (new)

Alex (asato) Based on my unpublished short in the horror genre, I started writing a 10-minute script with a friend of mine who's done some indie film production. We're using Celtix.com.

It's still WIP. Boy, I really had to hack it down from 7500 words!

Anyone else doing any script writing or have any experience? What software are you using?

message 2: by Mehreen (last edited Oct 04, 2016 04:33PM) (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Yes I've done scriptwriting on my book Jacaranda Blues. Looking to find a movie director. Do you know anyone, who might be interested in turning my book into a movie?

message 3: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments It is good. How to get in touch with him?

message 4: by Michael (new)

Michael Fattorosi | 477 comments Mehreen - I didnt post his information so you can solicit him directly. And I have the deleted the post.

If you would like to contact him, send me your screenplay that has been registered with WGA, I will review it and if I think it's worth his review I will contact him.

This is what I do for a living. I am an entertainment attorney so I would charge for my services.

Sorry but I cannot hand out my contacts for free. Its how I earn a living. Ive spent 20 yrs cultivating relationships in Hollywood. I hope you understand. It was a mistake for me to post his reel.

message 5: by Mehreen (new)

Mehreen Ahmed (mehreen2) | 1911 comments Michael wrote: "Mehreen - I didnt post his information so you can solicit him directly. And I have the deleted the post.

If you would like to contact him, send me your screenplay that has been registered with WG..."

Oh I see. You should have made that clear from the outset then. I would not have bothered you.