The Not a Book Club Club discussion

The Dandelion Dynasty > TWoS: Part Two Gusts and Gales (ch 20-34)

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Part Two

Please keep all discussion and speculation to the events of Chapters 20-34.

No spoiler tags required. Though it would be highly appreciated if you Uncheck Add to my Update Feed to avoid accidentally spoiling things for your good read friends.

Please do not discuss events from later sections/books.

message 2: by Geoff (new)

Geoff (geoffgreer) The plan to secretly incite rebels and then quelling those rebellions for prestige worked too well. As it seems to initiated rebellious thoughts in some people that were fine with the way things were. I understand that the empress is doing this to empower her allies in the effort to have her son, Timu, be named heir but it sure seems like it sowed more dissent then necessary. Maybe she has additional motives but we'll have to see.

Zomi continues down a path of idealism. Everything won't be perfect and easy for her, or the empire. I wonder what affect this realization will have on her.

Its said that the gods agreed to not directly influence the lives of mortals but they are certainly nudging Thera along a beneficial path - with both Tututika and Fithoweo helping her discover the trick of the magic mirrors.

I assume the 'Unexpected Message' has something to do with the 'invading force' that is mentioned in the back-of-the-book blurb. They haven't shown up yet.

message 3: by Sky (new)

Sky | 1291 comments Certainly a lot more plot movement in this section than the last. Digging the political/court intrigue and Jia is fun to hate. Kuni is way too easily manipulated for how crafty he is supposed to be. Vanity really gets you nowhere in this book!