Beta Reader Group discussion

Betas Offering FREE Services > Recently Cleared Schedule-Beta Reader

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hawkins | 4 comments Accepting the following Genres:
Dark, Adult, Thriller, Psychological Thriller, Romantic Suspense, Mystery.

Some of my favorite tags:
Mafia/Mob, Revenge, Kidnapping, Love Triangles, Human Trafficking, Hitmen

message 2: by Brian (new)

Brian Schwarz | 6 comments Hi Lisa,

Do you read any YA by any chance or only Adult? I've got a YA thriller that could use a reader.

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hawkins | 4 comments Yes, I also read some YA. I am willing to give it a read if you'd like. My email is lisa.hawkins6983@yahoo.com. If you'd like, go ahead and send it over. Please also advise your deadline. Thanks!

message 4: by Jessie (new)

Jessie Pyne | 12 comments Hi Lisa. would you be interested in taking a look at my 90,000 word fantasy novel?

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hawkins | 4 comments Hi Jessie,
Fantasy is out of my scope, my apologies. I appreciate the opportunity and good luck to you in finding the right beta reader for your novel.

-Lisa

message 6: by Ron (new)

Ron (allthunbs) | 15 comments Hi Jessie:

I have a 75K YA novel that needs a read. Does it fit your genre?

The storyline is an old man that takes in a foster child and teaches her how to have a good life.

Thanks for your time and patience.

Grumpy

message 7: by Don (last edited Oct 06, 2016 10:55PM) (new)

Don Logan (donlogan) Hi Jessie -
I have a 90K Thriller that unbelievably hits all of your favorite tags. Plus Russians. Any chance you'd be able to take a look? I can send you the query letter to give you a better idea.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Hawkins | 4 comments Pseudonymtbd wrote: "Hi Jessie -
I have a 90K Thriller that unbelievably hits all of your favorite tags. Plus Russians. Any chance you'd be able to take a look? I can send you the query letter to give you a better idea."

Hey Pseudo!! My name is Lisa btw ;) and GAH!! I LOVE RUSSIANS!!!! I'd be more than happy to beta read for you. If you'd like, go ahead and send over the manuscript. My email is lisa.hawkins6983@yahoo.com. Also, please advise if there is anything specific you want me to watch for as well as the deadline. Thanks so much, I look forward to receiving your manuscript.
-Lisa

message 9: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Silvey (msilveywrites) | 48 comments Hi Lisa,
I'm looking for beta readers for a 71k (part 1 of 2) romantic suspense that I'm close to publishing. What's Buried Beneath

But you might enjoy Cold as well. If you're interested in either, please let me know. (I'm feeling deja vu. Apologies if I've already sent this.)

Thanks,
Melissa

message 10: by Bruce (new)

Bruce Perrin | 8 comments Hi Lisa,

I have a Futuristic, Techno-Mystery at 88K words. OK, the genre is a bit different, but it’s descriptive.

The book is set in the near future, 2065 – futuristic.

It attempts to take current technology trends and extrapolate those 50 years – techno.

And if you buy into the distinction that the threat is known in a thriller but must be discovered in a mystery, it’s a mystery.

I can also be flexible with timing, as I'll be involved in NaNoWriMo in November. So, if you're booked for a month or two, no worries. I won't be working on this manuscript until December or January.

Synopsis:
In 2065 St. Louis, Missouri, Dr. Sam “Doc” Price’s life-long friend, Rick Johnston, is found dead. But nothing about his death makes sense to Doc. And when the authorities decline to investigate, due to the lack of evidence of foul play, he starts to recreate a landscape of their past lives, a retroscape, looking for watersheds that might explain such a needlessly violent and lonely death in a world where such actions are unimaginable. As he reconstructions their friendship in his mind, Doc recounts a threatened pandemic that killed almost no one, but nonetheless, left the world permanently disfigured. He recalls when humans started turning to robots for acceptance, companionship, and yes, even love. He remembers the constant push and pull of technology, making human lives more convenient, easier, but perhaps, not better. And in the end, Doc discovers a single phrase, uttered only twice, that leads to the realization that now, 100 years after their initial predictions, the dystopian futurists had been exactly right...and completely wrong.

message 11: by David (new)

David Callinan (davidcallinan) | 32 comments My surrogacy thriller MISCONCEPTION has been long listed for a Crime Writers Associaton Dagger award. (under my pen name of Jack Burns).

It is a work-in-progress. Three leading literary agents (so far) are keen to see the finished book based on a three chapter pitch – or even read extracts/chapters as I write them. The book will probably be finished by Christmas.

Think of it as 'Fatal Attraction' meets 'Girl On A Train'.

I am looking for a beta reader to take a look at the first nine or ten chapters and then (if interested) more chapters over months to stay close to the story. Probably easier to email me at books@davidcallinan.com although I have ticked the notify me box.

I look forward to hearing from you. For ref: books@davidcallinan.com