Horror Aficionados discussion

Need name of the book?

Comments Showing 1-25 of 25 (25 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Avais (new)

Avais | 5 comments I really wana know which book is this, i read it and now cant remember it.
some parts i remember are, its about town where some killings are going on may be by some animal. There is girl to whom nobody gives shelter in town like that. Plz help?

message 2: by Char (new)

Char  | 13888 comments Mod
There is an entire group here on Goodreads which is dedicated to finding books.
It's called "What's the Name of That Book?"

Good luck!

message 3: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments That's not much to go on. What year was it written? What year did you read it?

message 4: by PSXtreme (new)

PSXtreme Firefly by Piers Anthony fills the minimal description.

message 5: by Avais (new)

Avais | 5 comments Tressa wrote: "That's not much to go on. What year was it written? What year did you read it?"

Thats all i have and also there is bear involved in it somewhere.

message 6: by Avais (new)

Avais | 5 comments PSXtreme wrote: "Firefly by Piers Anthony fills the minimal description."

Nopes.

message 7: by Avais (new)

Avais | 5 comments Really need this book folks....help plx.

message 8: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 726 comments Could it be The Oath?

message 9: by Avais (new)

Avais | 5 comments OMG Yes this is it. Thanks Nancy. You r awesome.

message 10: by Lena (new)

Lena | 2424 comments That was amazing Nancy.

message 11: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 726 comments Glad I could help!

message 12: by Char (new)

Char  | 13888 comments Mod
Damn, that was good, Nancy!

message 13: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments Good God, how did you do that? That description was as general as it could be.

message 14: by Nancy (new)

Nancy (paper_addict) | 726 comments Sometimes you just get lucky.

message 15: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly (kimberly_3238) | 5842 comments Mod
OK, short story that I need the author/title of...I have been searching through my collections for HOURS trying to find this one for my mom: The premise is a young girl gets a beautiful doll-house as a gift. The brother (or father) measures the outside of it for whatever reason, and it "seems" that there is a room unaccounted for (a secret room in the center, it later turns out--I think she could only see the rooms from the outside). Years later, the woman is driving somewhere and sees an exact duplicate of her doll-house--full sized. There are a family of "people" that resemble the dolls her house had, only the house is in terrible shape and "neglected".....

There is one similar called "The Doll", but that's not the one I'm looking for... I have so many anthologies, and this was definitely in one of the "classic" types--I know I've read it several times, but can't find it now. If anyone has an idea, I'd love to hear it!! Thank you!

message 16: by Kasia (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 3123 comments Mod
Kimberly wrote: "OK, short story that I need the author/title of...I have been searching through my collections for HOURS trying to find this one for my mom: The premise is a young girl gets a beautiful doll-house ..."

I have no idea but it sounds really awesome, I'd like to know myself. I'm doing a google search lol.

message 17: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 761 comments Kimberly wrote: "OK, short story that I need the author/title of...I have been searching through my collections for HOURS trying to find this one for my mom: The premise is a young girl gets a beautiful doll-house ..."

Sounds like The Inner Room by Robert Aickman. I read it in The Wine-Dark Sea

message 18: by Kimberly (new)

YES! I kept searching for the "center" room or "secret"--
Thank you so much!!

message 19: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 761 comments You're welcome. It's one of my favorite stories from that collection.

message 20: by Tressa (new)

Tressa  (moanalisa) | 19935 comments I tried googling the main words too and was a big FAILURE. Glad you found it. So aggravating to be searching for a book or story and can't find it.

message 21: by Kasia (last edited Jul 02, 2017 12:52PM) (new)

Kasia (kasia_s) | 3123 comments Mod
Ctgt wrote: "You're welcome. It's one of my favorite stories from that collection."

Thank you so much for finding it! I got myself a copy on Amazon.

message 22: by Kimberly (new)

Tressa wrote: "I tried googling the main words too and was a big FAILURE. Glad you found it. So aggravating to be searching for a book or story and can't find it."

Exactly! My mother and I had been scouring our shelves looking for it. Turns out she has the story in another collection, but I'm ordering a copy of The Wine-Dark Sea. :)

message 23: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 761 comments Glad I could help. Hope you all enjoy it.

message 24: by Kimberly (new)

Ctgt wrote: "Glad I could help. Hope you all enjoy it."

Thank you, again!!!

message 25: by Ctgt (new)

Ctgt | 761 comments :)