Owls Be Reading discussion

Warm Bodies (Warm Bodies, #1)
This topic is about Warm Bodies
Oct: '16: Warm Bodies > Main Discussion Thread!

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lonna, Owlette (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lonna | FLYLēF (flylef) | 89 comments Mod
Come ghouls, goblins, and ghosts...and let the fright fest begin! Happy October Members! This month, we've selected Warm Bodies by Isaac Marion. I hope you join me in this month's group read!

Laura (lanakilah) Oh I read this after watching the movie but I can't remember all the details... I'll re-read it if I have time ;)

message 3: by Avishek (new)

Avishek Das | 2 comments I am game!!!

message 4: by Lonna, Owlette (new) - rated it 4 stars

Laura wrote: "Oh I read this after watching the movie but I can't remember all the details... I'll re-read it if I have time ;)"

Hi Laura! I so want to watch this movie, but first...the book. :) How did the movie compare to the book?

message 5: by Lonna, Owlette (new) - rated it 4 stars

Avishek wrote: "I am game!!!"

Hi Avishek! Yay!!! Would love for you to join us. :)

Ashley Marie I just started and -- wow. This is actually really poetic for a zombie book.

message 7: by Lonna, Owlette (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hi Ashley, I'm pleasantly surprise too! The prose is sooth like silk!

Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "I just started and -- wow. This is actually really poetic for a zombie book."

Ashley Marie It really is, and it's astounding to me. Not sure if that's because it's written by a male author and I'm more accustomed to the pretty prose coming from women writers, or that I just wasn't expecting that kind of depth from a zombie book. Probably both :)

Ashley Marie Finishing up today. This book really flew!

Laura (lanakilah) It's pretty deep for a zombie book yes. I was surprised I liked it ^^ (as well as the movie to be honest because movies tend to be much worse but I was surprised...)

message 11: by Lonna, Owlette (new) - rated it 4 stars

@ Asley ~ Congratulations on finishing the book! You rock!! I've always loved a male perspective on romance and other genres that women seem to be more prolific at. Has this book changed your mind on zombies, too? :)

Ashley *Hufflepuff Kitten* wrote: "Finishing up today. This book really flew!"

message 12: by Lonna, Owlette (last edited Oct 10, 2016 11:48AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

@Laura ~ I'd like to check out the movie too! I hadn't planned on it because movies just do not do books justice, but now that I know you enjoyed it, I'll have to give it a chance. Thanks! Is there another adaptation that you would also recommend?

Laura wrote: "It's pretty deep for a zombie book yes. I was surprised I liked it ^^ (as well as the movie to be honest because movies tend to be much worse but I was surprised...)"

Ashley Marie Lonna wrote: "@ Asley ~ Congratulations on finishing the book! You rock!! I've always loved a male perspective on romance and other genres that women seem to be more prolific at. Has this book changed your mind ..."

LOL thanks Lonna. I agree about the male perspective, it was really well handled overall. I don't know if it's changed my mind about zombie books though -- most of the ones my friends have read, they haven't liked, so I think I will remain picky for the time being ;)

HeatherRose | 1 comments I had no idea what this book was about when I started reading. Boy was I surprised! And more surprising was that i liked it!

message 15: by Lonna, Owlette (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hi HeatherRose! Hahaha, yes, that seems to be the sentiment with a lot of members for this month's book selection. Glad you enjoyed it. =)

HeatherRose wrote: "I had no idea what this book was about when I started reading. Boy was I surprised! And more surprising was that i liked it!"