Play Book Tag discussion

Archive: Other Books > Silver Linings Playbook - Matthew Quick - 5 stars

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Blueberry (new)

Blueberry (blueberry1) l read this in Sept. so I don't qualify for participation pts. I just wanted to share this and wasn't sure where to.
I read Silver Linings Playbook and watched the movie today for my movie/book club. The book was really good.
Pat's mother gets him out of a mental health facility that he was sent to after he had a breakdown and has a restraining order from his wife. His father won't talk to him, everybody is obsessed with the Philadelphia Eagles football team, including his therapist and his friends try to hook up with Tiffany, who may have as many problems as Pat does.
I thought the movie was also very good though my other book club member thought the book was much better. I don't want to give spoilers away so will not go into details. But the movie, while changing things, did a nice job in staying with the theme and mood of the story. Highly recommended. Jennifer Laurence earned her Academy Award on this one, and Bradley Cooper his nomination.

message 2: by Susie (new)

Susie | 4488 comments I loved the movie. :-)

message 3: by Joi (new)

Joi (missjoious) | 3809 comments I didn't know this was based off a book! Now I'm glad I didn't watch the movie first- Jennifer Lawrence and Bradley Cooper are pretty inciting for a movie watch!