The Rory Gilmore Book Club discussion

Other Book Discussions > Do you reread books?

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Victoria (new)

Victoria (toriaaa_16) | 2 comments Hi I was just wondering if any of you guys reread books and if so how often? I reread books a lot, but there is always the dilemma of rereading a book I love and starting a new book. Do you think Rory rereads her books a lot?

message 2: by Tana (new)

Tana (cristinatana) | 5 comments Hello! I don't reread books. I feel that I should spend that time reading new books, but I am terrified that I won't like the book as much after re reading it. That's why I read Harry Potter only once!!! I think Rory re reads some of her books

message 3: by Kelly (last edited Oct 05, 2016 11:20AM) (new)

Kelly (krazikellz) | 2 comments Hi! I often reread my books. The Harry Potter series I reread once a year, and I often reread classics I read at a younger age. I learn something new, or understand something better every time. :)
I definitely think Rory rereads too!

message 4: by Amanda (new)

Amanda | 1 comments I actually just finished re-reading two books: Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency and A Wrinkle in Time. The first one because the tv show starts this month and the second because I'm looking for books to recommend to my young niece. Plus, like Kelly said, it's enlightening to revisit books from my childhood. I usually only re-read books that I haven't read in years and have half-forgotten though.

message 5: by Elitazesf (new)

Elitazesf | 1 comments I only re-read books that are short and that i remembered i really loved, like the Call of the Wild. I usually re-read just one or two of my favorite chapters of any big book i suddenly want to re-read.

I think Rory re-reads some of her favorite books

message 6: by Prior Eaton (new)

Prior Eaton  | 9 comments I re-read books.
I'm sure Rory would do that all the time.

message 7: by karm (new)

karm riddle | 3 comments I don't reread books bc I'm always reading a book and I'd rather read new ones and live more lives than go back to the old ones, especially the nostalgia with the harry potter books it makes me sad in a way so yea.

message 8: by Beka (new)

Beka | 2 comments I plan to reread my favorites eventually but rn I'm trying to catch-up with everyone else. lol

message 9: by karm (new)

karm riddle | 3 comments Beka wrote: "I plan to reread my favorites eventually but rn I'm trying to catch-up with everyone else. lol"
yea same lol

message 10: by María José (new)

María José (majo6256) | 2 comments I do. Some books to remind me of who I was when I read them. Others because I loved them deeply. I've even re-read whole book series. You cannot bathe in the same river twice and you cannot read the same book twice.

message 11: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Invergo (biznovlartist) | 6 comments I rarely re-read books, but I will occasionally if it was THAT good. The problem is, there are so many books I want to read that I can't justify spending all that time reading ones I've already read.

message 12: by Prior Eaton (new)

Prior Eaton  | 9 comments I only re read my favourite books

message 13: by Maja (new)

Maja (majas_buchblog) | 2 comments I used to reread books all the time when I was younger. Now I reread some of my favorites in english, because I’ve read them in german since that’s my mother tongue. I also try to reread Harry Potter and Percy Jackson every year because I grew up with them and I love them! I’m sure Rory rereads books, I always think of her as a very fast reader who can read several books at a time, so she’d have the time to reread :)

message 14: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa Dolina | 3 comments I like to go back and read what I highlighted! I will reread a book completely if it has been a while and I need some comfort.

message 15: by Shamara (new)

Shamara (sham92p) | 1 comments I always try to read new books. There are so many choices and I love that! However, if there's a book I've completely forgotten about after a few years then it's definitely worth a reread! I usually don't reread a book more the 2x.

Rory definitely reads her books more than once lol.

message 16: by Fran (last edited Sep 02, 2021 08:08AM) (new)

Fran (franfs93) | 1 comments I'm trying to reread more... especially if it has been a while.

message 17: by Victoria (new)

Victoria Diaz | 1 comments I re read books only if I feel it.
I re read not only my favorite ones but also books that made me feel something.

message 18: by bingereader (new)

bingereader (bingereaderawork) | 3 comments i would re read parts of books i really really liked. however, i used read a lot of classics at a really young age. so, i have started re reading those books to catch up on the things i missed

message 19: by Gail (new)

Gail Smith | 3 comments I reread Pride and Prejudice recently (I had read it 3 years ago) and noticed and understood so much more the second time.

message 20: by Nienke (last edited Sep 20, 2021 05:40AM) (new)

Nienke (naiyaru) | 3 comments I re-read books a lot, especially when they give me a certain athmosphere I long for. Or a world I want to revisit. Or simply, a how-to book I need in my life again. But I am a very fast reader. That's an advantage and a disadvantage. When I reread books, I read them differently. Or my surroundings or my mental state changed, and I read things I haven't really gotten the first time.

But times / lifestyles change as well. As a mother of two young children, sometimes its easier to relax in stories I know well. As opposed to trying all kinds of books when I had more time. But I still explore new ones as well.

I would think Rory would do as well. She seems to me also as a quick and fast reader, or else she would never have the time next to her studies to read everything she does ;)