All About YA discussion

Author's Corner and Promotions > Advice on Characters Who Want to Come Out and Play

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Daly (bonniedaly) | 4 comments Hey everyone,

I've just finished writing my first YA fiction novel, which is the first in the series. I haven't started the second book yet, however I've had so much fun writing my characters I was thinking of creating some amusing scenarios in which they could still interact, just for my own sake. Then I started thinking maybe potential readers might enjoy learning about them ahead of time.

So I thought of starting a website for the characters, both for my own enjoyment and to introduce them to potential readers. Although would that be giving away too much about the characters themselves, even though there wouldn't be any plot spoilers?

My characters and I await your responses. lol

Thanks, Bonnie

message 2: by Kristi (new)

Kristi Cramer (kristicramer) | 9 comments I have a pair of friends who write together, and they created facebook pages for several of their characters, and they interacted with each other in fun ways, teasing each other, and posting about their pets and phobias and stuff. As a fan, it was fun to watch, and interact a little myself. I think they ultimately gave it up, though, because it was a LOT of work to keep up.

message 3: by Bonnie (new)

Bonnie Daly (bonniedaly) | 4 comments Hi Kristi,

Wow, that sounds like that must have been amazingly fun for both the authors and the fans alike. Yes, I can imagine it must've been a lot of work for them. Thank you so much for sharing that. :)