Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Weekly Reading > What are you reading October 3?

Comments Showing 1-19 of 19 (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Okie (new)

Okie (okieb) | 2037 comments Mod
This week I'm reading A Forbidden Rumspringa, A Clean Break, and A Way Home by Keira Andrews.

message 2: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1128 comments I'm reading NOTHING bahahahahhah
I need to find something to read.
time to stalk you ladies to see what's good!

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1221 comments I'm currently reading Hero in the Highlands and then I'm moving onto Sugar Free. I bought A Court of Thorns and Roses and I'm going to try the audio. I'm actually looking forward to it. :-) ♥

message 4: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1128 comments Stacey is Sassy wrote: "I'm currently reading Hero in the Highlands and then I'm moving onto Sugar Free. I bought A Court of Thorns and Roses and I'm going to try the audio...."

oh enjoy. I need to still read the second book of that series!

message 5: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1128 comments OMG I JUST REALISED BOOK 9 OF KATE DANIELS WAS RELEASED ON FRIDAY! that is how full on my week end was with horse shows, dog shows and sausage sizzles!
that is what I am reading now!

Stacey is Sassy (staceyissassy) | 1221 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "OMG I JUST REALISED BOOK 9 OF KATE DANIELS WAS RELEASED ON FRIDAY! that is how full on my week end was with horse shows, dog shows and sausage sizzles!
that is what I am reading now!"

Enjoy!! :-) ♥

message 7: by Janga (new)

Janga | 1070 comments Mod
I'm reading DRCs of Christmas books by RaeAnne Thayne and Nancy Naigle. I like both authors, but I'm already growing tired of Christmas books--and it is not even Halloween.

message 8: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1878 comments Mod
Poor Janga. Maybe you should take on fewer Christmas reads next year. Too much of a good thing. :(

Speaking of Christmas books, I read The Trouble with Mistletoe, the Shalvis Christmas book, and didn't enjoy it as much as I'd hoped i would. Maybe im just not in the mood yet.

message 9: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments I finished The Goal. I liked it but not as much as I thought I would. I'm not a real fan of the "we love each other but won't tell the other for fear of (fill in the blank - trapping them, scaring them off, etc. etc.) " trope. It kind of got old after a while.

I'm in the middle of Snowfall on Haven Point and enjoying it a lot. This is one of my favorite tropes - gruff loner falls for gun-shy widow. It's always an extra when you throw in a couple of cute kids.

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments Finishing up Tessa Dare's new book! HILARIOUS! I laughed out loud when the mother was teaching the heroine basic sex ed lol

I have the new Rick Riordan book coming out tomorrow so that'll be a fun read!

message 11: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1128 comments Rachel wrote: "Finishing up Tessa Dare's new book! HILARIOUS! I laughed out loud when the mother was teaching the heroine basic sex ed lol

I have the new Rick Riordan book coming out tomorrow so that'll be a fu..."

hahahha yes! aubergines and peaches !!! *collapses in a fit of giggles"

message 12: by Manda (new)

Irisheyes wrote: "I finished The Goal. I liked it but not as much as I thought I would. I'm not a real fan of the "we love each other but won't tell the other for fear of (fill in the blank - trappin..."

I can see that, Irish. I get impatient with that kind of conflict too sometimes. I think i just loved Tuck so much that silenced all my quibbles.

message 13: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments I did like Tuck, Manda! :)

message 14: by Dls (new)

Dls | 2059 comments Mod
I liked the trouble with Mistletoe more than some of Shalvis' recent books. Realized i missed the first in the series so will go back to read it. But I really wish she would recognize that there are reasons other than fear of commitment that can be the challenges in getting to an HEA.
I will read the new Kaki Warner and A Most Extraordinary Pursuit by Juliana Gray. I had preordered it and it popped up in my nook--the same day B and N sent me a notice that it was no longer available for sale. Very strange.

message 15: by Manda (new)

That's weird, Deb. I wonder if there was a change in the edition or something.

I started Daisy in Chains: A Novel by Sharon Bolton last night. It's a mystery with a heroine who writes true crime novels vindicating the wrongfully accused. An alleged serial killer is trying like crazy to get her to take his case, but he seems pretty guilty right now. I expect twists and turns....

message 16: by Irisheyes (new)

Irisheyes | 892 comments Dls wrote: "I liked the trouble with Mistletoe more than some of Shalvis' recent books. Realized i missed the first in the series so will go back to read it. But I really wish she would recognize that there ar..."

Deb, I just found out yesterday that Kaki Warner had a new one out! What awesome surprise - I love when that happens. LOL You'll have to tell me what you think. I can't get to it until next week.

message 17: by Leigh-Ayn (new)

Leigh-Ayn | 1128 comments Manda wrote: "That's weird, Deb. I wonder if there was a change in the edition or something.

I started Daisy in Chains: A Novel by Sharon Bolton last night. It's a mystery with a heroine who wri..."

oh that sounds interesting!!!

message 18: by Manda (new)

Just finished, Leigh-Ayn. Very good, with a big twist at the end. But no satisfying romance :(

message 19: by Elena (new)

Elena | 29 comments Leigh-Ayn wrote: "OMG I JUST REALISED BOOK 9 OF KATE DANIELS WAS RELEASED ON FRIDAY! that is how full on my week end was with horse shows, dog shows and sausage sizzles!
that is what I am reading now!"

I will have it in my hands in a few days. Can't wait! The wedding, that would be something!