Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Lance Charnes
This topic is about Lance Charnes
Adding New Books > Please add my pre-order book: The Collection

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lance (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 19 comments My new book, The Collection, is now available for pre-order on Amazon and Kobo. Can you please add it to GR?

Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LXEL3PW
Kobo: https://store.kobobooks.com/en-us/ebo...

Thanks.

message 2: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4015 comments Kobobooks is not an acceptable source for cover images.

We can use Amazon for print or Kindle editions, but not for non-Kindle ebooks. I got the cover for the ebook edition from the publisher website, http://www.wombatgroup.com/collection/.

Here are your new editions:

»  Kindle ASIN B01LXEL3PW: The Collection
»  ebook, incomplete listing: The Collection

I gave the ebook the same publication date; we still need the ISBN for that edition, please.

message 3: by Lance (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 19 comments Dobby0390 wrote: "I gave the ebook the same publication date; we still need the ISBN for that edition, please."

978-0-9886903-7-0

The ePub edition is the same length as the Kindle one. In fact, they're identical other than the file format and the Kobo links substituting for the Amazon ones.

message 4: by Dobby (new)

Dobby (dobby0390) | 4015 comments ISBN13 and page count added; thanks!

message 5: by Lance (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 19 comments Thanks.

A couple other issues with the listing for the Kobo edition:

1) The "Kobo" store link takes us to a search page for every book in their storefront with the word "collection" in the title. This string will take us directly to the page for my book: http://store.kobobooks.com/Search?Que.... (BTW, that works for any other Kobo book -- just put in the ISBN-13 at the end, and it will supposedly switch you to the right storefront for your country.)

2) Under "My Review," the format reads "Kindle Edition." It should read "ePub edition".

3) This page shows the Kindle edition under "Other Editions." However, the Kindle edition's page shows nothing for "Other Editions."

Thanks in advance for fixing this up.

message 6: by Abcdarian (new)

Abcdarian | 20029 comments 1. Librarians have nothing to do with purchase links.

2. All reviews are shared on each combined edition. If you mean your own personal review, I can't see that anyway. It just says "(Review from the author)" .

3. Kindle page shows "Other Editions (1)", though it also still says "none found". That's a caching issue which should resolve in time. Clicking "Other Editions" or "All Editions" brings up both.

message 7: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20816 comments Purchase links will only work for the edition on which page you are. When you are on the Kindle page, the ASIN is used to search, so only links to Amazon will work for a Kindle edition as only Amazon uses ASINs.
When you are on the page for the ebook edition (with isbn), the isbn is used to search. From the page of the ebook edition, the Kobo link would work, as they use the isbn.

message 8: by Lance (new)

Lance Charnes (lcharnes) | 19 comments Arenda wrote: "When you are on the page for the ebook edition (with isbn), the isbn is used to search. From the page of the ebook edition, the Kobo link would work, as they use the isbn. "

That's the problem -- the link isn't using the ISBN, it's still using the title.

message 9: by Arenda (new)

Arenda | 20816 comments Lance wrote: "That's the problem -- the link isn't using the ISBN, it's still using the title. "

That is strange. I also tried from the ebook page and indeed it uses the title instead of the isbn.

The working of the purchase links is not something librarians can help with (other than making sure the book is correctly added).
You can contact Goodreads Support, as this seems not to be working as intended.