Play Book Tag discussion

Interface
This topic is about Interface
Archive: Other Books > Interface by Neal Stephenson and J. Frederick George

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 7202 comments 3.5 stars rounded up to 4

William Cozzano is a popular governor, who following a stroke become the perfect presidential candidate because after surgery installing two biochips in his head to help him regain use of the areas damaged by the stroke, he is, unbeknownst to him adn most people, being fed the mood of the electorate so he knows what to say, do and act. Basically he's been controlled by people working for a group who ensures their candidates win elections, but this time with new technology. There are a number of characters to root for, and a number to hate.

Written in the 1990s, and sort of set somewhere in there, this is a political, scifi thriller. I really didn't expect to like it, particularly in presidential election year, but I did. It's 3.5 stars rounded up to 4.

message 2: by Michael (new)

Michael (mike999) | 569 comments Bravo you passing down imtriguing paths. A Stephenson I missed and my first review encountered of it.

Karin | 7202 comments Michael wrote: "Bravo you passing down imtriguing paths. A Stephenson I missed and my first review encountered of it."

I wonder how you'd like it, having read far more books by Neal Stephenson than I have.