YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1)
This topic is about Missing, Presumed
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > Missing, Presumed (DS Manon #1) by Susie Steiner - Starting October 2nd 2016

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 83063 comments Mod
Mid-December, and Cambridgeshire is blanketed with snow. Detective Sergeant Manon Bradshaw tries to sleep after yet another soul-destroying Internet date – the low murmuring of her police radio her only solace.

Over the airwaves come reports of a missing woman – door ajar, keys and phone left behind, a spatter of blood on the kitchen floor. Manon knows the first 72 hours are critical: you find her, or you look for a body. And as soon as she sees a picture of Edith Hind, a Cambridge post-graduate from a well-connected family, she knows this case will be big.

Is Edith alive or dead? Was her ‘complex love life’ at the heart of her disappearance, as a senior officer tells the increasingly hungry press? And when a body is found, is it the end or only the beginning?

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments 46%: (view spoiler)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments 66%: (view spoiler)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments 80%: (view spoiler)

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Done: (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Wow, you're already done and you didn't like it judging by your review.. Disappointing really

I am still at chapter 2 and the chapter are really long and descriptive..

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments 32% - I had a difficult start with this because of the british slang mainly. Now, I am starting to get a proper feel of the characters. They're interesting especially Davy, he's sweet. I can see how the characters are given attention a little bit more than the case. But it's only the beginning!

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ wrote: "32% - I had a difficult start with this because of the british slang mainly. Now, I am starting to get a proper feel of the characters. They're interesting especially Davy, he's sweet. I can see ho..."

I had a bit of trouble with the slang too. I had to use the Kindle's dictionary feature quite a bit.

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments 71% (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Ashley wrote: "80%: [spoilers removed]"

Exactly what I think.. (view spoiler)

message 11: by ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (last edited Oct 09, 2016 10:09PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments 83% (view spoiler)

a chapter later (view spoiler)

ɑƨħŵɑɡ ♥Team Magnus Damora FOREVER♥ (unheard) | 2446 comments Ending (view spoiler)

Ashley wrote: "Done: [spoilers removed]"

I definitely agree with you.. totally unimpressive!

Ashley (xanthax) | 2525 comments Yeah, there were definitely a lot of chances for something interesting and suspenseful to happen that just weren't used. Super disappointing that the author didn't take advantage of them.