Classics Without All the Class discussion

October 2016 - Carmilla > Introduction

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beth (new)

Beth (k9odyssey) Hello! I noticed we never had a discussion for the September book so I wanted to make sure one was started for Carmilla in October. If someone wants to lead, please do. If not, I have started 3 topics that will hopefully get some discussion going on a fun, eerie and strange novella. I read it over the Summer and enjoyed it however I wish I had read up on Ireland at that time beforehand as I would have appreciated it even more. If you have some thoughts or knowledge to share, please do.

message 2: by Omaid (new)

Omaid ibn Naimet I read that few characters of Dracula have names inspired from Carmilla. Thank you for starting the threads... I hope more people join us!

message 3: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) I started it last night and enjoyed the first section. Very atmospheric.

message 4: by George P. (new)

George P. I've just finished the audiobook very ably read/performed by Tracey Childs, which my library had as an e-book download. I thought it was an excellent story to get in the Halloween mood with. Probably not one of the 1000 greatest works of fictions, but mostly well-written and a fun read.

message 5: by Carolien (new)

Carolien (carolien_s) I agree, George. I enjoyed it, and regarded it as a prelude to Dracula which I have never read and plan on reading soon. I'm not a vampire fan in general, but this worked well for me.