Contemporary YA discussion

The Unexpected Everything
This topic is about The Unexpected Everything
Group Reads > The Unexpected Everything

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (last edited Oct 01, 2016 09:00AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Andrea | 1054 comments Mod

Andie had it all planned out.

When you are a politician’s daughter who’s pretty much raised yourself, you learn everything can be planned or spun, or both. Especially your future.

Important internship? Check.

Amazing friends? Check.

Guys? Check (as long as we’re talking no more than three weeks)

But that was before the scandal. Before having to be in the same house with her dad. Before walking an insane number of dogs. That was before Clark and those few months that might change her whole life.

Because here’s the thing - if everything's planned out, you can never find the unexpected.

And where’s the fun in that?

Discussion Questions

1. Did you like the book?
2. Was it easy to get into to?
3. How did you feel while reading this book?
4. Which characters did you like or dislike and why?
5. Have you read other books by the same author?
- If so how does this book compare.
- If not, does this book inspire you to read others?

Bonus info: I found this when I Googled the book. It has some great discussion questions and an interview with the author.

https://laurenconrad.com/blog/2016/06...

Natália Lopes (silkcaramel) | 252 comments Mod
I loved Since You've Been Gone, so I'll give this one a chance because I really liked Morgan Matson's writing.

Natália wrote: "I loved Since You've Been Gone, so I'll give this one a chance because I really liked Morgan Matson's writing."

Me too. It will be my third book by Morgan Matson. I'll be starting it next week...can't wait.

message 4: by T.J. (last edited Oct 26, 2016 03:38PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

T.J. Burns | 4 comments I absolutely loved The Unexpected Everything, which I have to say was most… unexpected.

I go into details about the characters and their relationships in my goodreads review: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

and in my blog:

TJ's Time Travel Tips
https://tjtimetraveltips.wordpress.co...

What I first thought was going to be a rather superficial high-school story turned out to be a rather complex story, involving three parallel, but interconnected, story lines. The first story line involves Andie’s group of friends: a group of four tightly-knit girls, and one attached-on boyfriend. The second is the romance (and I guess you could include the summer job) and the third is the dysfunctional relationship between Andie and her father.

The Unexpected Everything has so much of unexpected... well, everything. The three story lines were intertwined throughout and come to a satisfying and climax, which includes some expected, and some unexpected aspects. I laughed out loud throughout and was generally surprised with how much I ended up liking this story. 4.5 Stars

Wonderful in-depth review. Thanks for posting.

T.J. Burns | 4 comments Andrea wrote: "Wonderful in-depth review. Thanks for posting."

My pleasure! :)