Teaching and Learning discussion

Lessons Learned

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kimberly (new)

Kimberly Rosenfeld | 4 comments Share a memorable lesson a novel has taught you.

message 2: by Alicia (new)

Alicia Thoman | 6 comments A lesson I learned from a novel was one of standing up for who you are and to not be pushed around by others words and actions. Growing up and even today I followed people instead of leading. I sometimes still do this but because of this type of lesson I stepped out of my comfort box to be a leader of who I really was.

message 3: by Geysell (new)

Geysell C. | 5 comments The novel Eighty-Eight Steps to September,taught me to never let a day go by without telling your love ones how much you truly love them.This book is about a young girl and how she deals with the death of her brother.It reminds us that life is short and that tomorrow is not a guarantee.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Tarzjani  | 8 comments I just finished a book called calling home. it was very inspirational, and taught me that your family will always love you and be there for you even when your at your lowest!

message 5: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Salazar | 6 comments A lesson I have learned from a novel is to never give up on my dreams. To always stand up for what I want and believe and never loose hope.

message 6: by Indira (new)

Indira Landin | 8 comments A lesson a novel has taught me is to not pay much attention to what other people have to say. You should just pay attention to positive things and not to negative comments. Also, a person needs to always have faith in themselves to be able to overcome tough times.

message 7: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 8 comments A lesson a novel has taught me is to do help someone who is being treated badly. There is nothing worse than regreting that there might have been something you could have done to help the person.

message 8: by Mary (new)

Mary | 6 comments A lesson a novel has taught me is to live for today.

message 9: by Thuy (new)

Thuy Van | 4 comments A lesson a novel has taught me is to accept failure as a step to sucess. Nobody succeeds in life without failure and effort. There's always up-and-down moment in life, we need to learn from our mistakes to make it right later.

message 10: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pinedo | 8 comments one lesson in which I learned from a positive influence by a novel was by Dr. Seuss (of course) "Oh the places you will go". As a young child it gives you everlasting hope that in fact, you will succeed wherever you go in life. It teaches you that yes, in fact you will meet some bumps along the way, but if you just keep going you'll be proud at the end of the day. It's a great book, in which people can read over and over again in times of need. Anytime you have a friend who is down. GIVE THEM "OH THE PLACES YOU'LL GO"

message 11: by Ashley (new)

Ashley | 6 comments i have learned so many lessons from novels i have read. alot are the same as the people on this page. like to never give up, live everyday to the fullest, and to stand up to what you believe in. one i remember the most is to watch what you wish for. you might already have what you are looking for right in front of you.

message 12: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Pinedo | 8 comments That is always a classic lesson one can learn.

message 13: by Serena (new)

Serena Sedillo | 11 comments I guess i've learned recently to take each day at a time because life can be really hectic at times and if you let everything come at you at once...well your day can become overwhelming!