Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

collections and anthologies

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by iffi (new)

iffi (ifff) | 8 comments Could you make it possible for collections (or anthologies) to have references/links to the titles they include. Or maybe I should merge them somehow?

This Is Not The Michael You're Looking For | 949 comments They should not be merged. Allowing formal linkages to the works they include has been suggested before, but I don't know how high it is on the to do list (if at all).

message 3: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45041 comments Mod
Unless it is included in the planned series stuff, somehow.

A librarian who wished to take the time to do so could add links to the sub-works in the anthology/collection's description field, I suppose.

message 4: by Cecile (new)

Cecile | 67 comments I was looking for a thread about anthologies, so I'll ask my question here:
I have two SF anthologies, one of them with an incorrect author (http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/...), it's in fact an acronym for Anthologie de la Science Fiction (Anthology of Science Fiction, but I suppose it was obvious). This "fictive author" has several books, all SF anthologies of the same collection.
I suppose all these books should be corrected. What is the policy for anthologies' author? There are three editors, should I put these instead?

As for the list of sub-works, I only put a simple list in the description, no links, but at least the real authors are there.

message 5: by Cecile (last edited Aug 15, 2009 02:32PM) (new)

Cecile | 67 comments I was finally able to get the discussion search working a bit and got some answers:
- the editor(s) go first in the authors' list (with editor role);
- the contributors can go in the authors' list (with contributor role), so that their contribution can appear in their author's profile.

Correct me if I got it wrong.
There's also a good point concerning the contributor role made in this thread: http://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/1...

There still remains the false author "ASF" (thanks to amazon!): it's 6 anthologies each with fifteen contributors or so. A lot of web search to get them all.