Harry Potter and the Cursed Child discussion

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
This topic is about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
Spoilers > Open Questions

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Hemma_J (new) - added it

Hemma_J | 5 comments I just felt like I needed to open this discussion!
Was anyone else left with open questions? Here is my major question:

1) WTF was up with the Trolley Witch?? That was just...weird! "She throws [a Pumpkin Pastry] like a grenade. It explodes. [...] [Her] hands transfigure into very sharp spikes." (I/1/11, p.60) Honestly, what was that??

The other two things that left me wondering were:

2) Before their journey to 1981 Delphi destroyed Albus' wand, so why does it say in II/4/11, "Albus opens both doors with his wand" (p.311), when his one was broken a few scenes back?

3) This is not so important to the plot, but how did Scorpius and Albus get to Godric's Hollow within such short a time? Would be interesting.

What did you think? :)

message 2: by Tam (new) - rated it 1 star

Tam (tajosto) | 2 comments 2. I wondered about that, as well, and I have no answers!
4. There's also the question of how and when they got ahold of the baby blanket to leave the message, and return it so that baby Harry could be wrapped in it.
And many other issues, which I can't remember right now...

Carlos | 16 comments I agree with you, the Trolley Witch was ridiculously absurd, but she made me laugh out loud. I prefer not to think about it though.

Regarding the other two questions.
2. I do not have an idea about Albus' wand.
3. Maybe they took trains, it is a play so they have to sum up the story to make it perfomable on the stage.

Srijita | 8 comments The thing thats bothering me is how come harry is able to speak parseltongue and his scar is hurting when the horcrux inside him is destroyed???
Please reply!!!!

Srijita | 8 comments Okk but the part inside harry is destroyed so even if voldeort existed in someway or other,what has that got to do with harry? I hope you understand what i mean.

Srijita | 8 comments I dont think the boys got any wands...i am not sure

Ereska | 15 comments I don't think Harry could sense Delphi. But time was in flux, another world where Voldemort won and was alive was entirely possible, and I think Harry was feeling an echo of this. At least that's the only thing that makes sense to me. (The play's explanation at the end is that it only happened in Harry's head, but that really doesn't satisfy me.)

KikiAC | 3 comments A big WTF question from me:

- Why on earth were James and Lily doing outside, taking an evening stroll? Weren't they supposed to stay inside, being protected and all? Why would they risk the life of their child, when they knew that Voldy was targeted him? This is so OOC it doesn't make any sense!

KikiAC | 3 comments Oh, and how was Snape alive in the alternate timeline? Did they forget about the whole, Snape having to die, because Voldy thought he could only then posses the Elder Wand?

Srijita | 8 comments Ereska wrote: "I don't think Harry could sense Delphi. But time was in flux, another world where Voldemort won and was alive was entirely possible, and I think Harry was feeling an echo of this. At least that's t..."
Yeah that may have happened.

Srijita | 8 comments Maybe in the alternate reality harry was killed before voldemort needed to kill snape in order to take possession of the elder wand.

Anastasia (blueinkedpages) 1. That was weird but I think it was supposed to be intentionally funny in a way?

2. When Scorpius and Albus first arrive in Godric's Hollow they take wands from Bathilda Bagshot's house (Bathlida doesn't believe in locked doors)

3. I assume it's because their limit of not being able to move through space using the time turner was changed after the time turner was shattered, like the 5-minute limit

Clarke Daniels | 2 comments Katie wrote: "I suppose it's the fact that Harry was once a Horcrux that means he's able to sense Delphi. It's probably like an echo of when he was a Horcrux. It's not something that ever happened before - all t..."

But then why wasn't Harry's scar hurting for the entirety of Delphi's plan making/rise to power? She already had her plan in place by the time Harry's scar started hurting.

And really even though he still has his scar he shouldn't be able to sense anything related to Voldemort anymore because that part of him was destroyed. It wasn't the scar itself that gave him a connection to Voldemort, it was the horcrux. (Also his parseltongue came back? What?)

Clarke Daniels | 2 comments KikiAC wrote: "A big WTF question from me:

- Why on earth were James and Lily doing outside, taking an evening stroll? Weren't they supposed to stay inside, being protected and all? Why would they risk the life ..."

Yeah this was a huge plot hole. Also Albus and Scorpius (and everyone else) being able to see their house. I feel like yes, a bunch of this can be explained away if fans/the writers try hard enough, but really they're just plot holes that weren't caught.