Action/Adventure Aficionados discussion

Six of Crows (Six of Crows, #1)
This topic is about Six of Crows
Group Reads Archive > August 2016 Teamwork Group Read: Six of Crows by Leigh Burdugo *Spoilers*

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - added it

Danielle The Book Huntress  (gatadelafuente) | 4789 comments Mod
Our August group read is Six of Crows. Dive in and discuss!

message 2: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - added it

I requested this from my library. I will join in hopefully before the end of the month.

message 3: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Lisa P | 1996 comments Mod
I had the kindle version on hold at my library and it just came in today...perfect timing!

message 4: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - added it

Lisa P wrote: "I had the kindle version on hold at my library and it just came in today...perfect timing!"

Cool!

message 5: by Danielle The Book Huntress , Literary Adrenaline Junkie (new) - added it

When you guys start reading, feel free to throw out some questions or thoughts. The group reads have been a bit quiet lately!

Dusty (dustye) | 3 comments I'm 40% in and one thought I had was it seems an odd choice to make three of the main POV characters so young (17-18) yet have so much experience. Their voice and actions seem to come from much older characters as well. Sounds strange whenever I see their ages mentioned.

message 7: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (new) - rated it 3 stars

I agree with you Dusty. If this book were ever made into a movie, it would not seem realistic to have young teenagers playing some of these characters.

Dusty (dustye) | 3 comments Just finished it. It was very entertaining and I enjoyed the magic system and the drug addiction aspect. Did not like the huge cliffhanger at the end. Would rather have closure to the story arc for this book and if a sequel was planned, it would be cool to tease the next adventure.

message 9: by Lisa P, My weekend is all booked up! (last edited Aug 19, 2016 05:34PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

I just finished this and enjoyed it. But after reading some of the reviews, I'm not sure what all the extreme hype is about. I found it lightly entertaining, but even with the cliffhanger, I'm not that interested in continuing this story. I guess the characters just didn't grab me. I did like the multiple POVs the writer used...jumping from character to character and learning a little background on each individually. That can sometimes bug me if not done well...but I thought this was done very well here!