Kenyons Minions discussion

Archive Dark-Hunter Discussions > Just started Styxx!

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 49 comments Although I own every paperback available in this series I stopped reading for a while. Understand that it was due to the fact that I believe that darkhunters deserve my full attention while reading. I only began Styxx and I must say my heart breaks, stomach twists, head throbs, and sex drive dies as I read. The actions done have been exceedingly gruesome! I die with each page whimpering and aching for better events to happen. I have been disappointed thus far but I am only about 20% and I know Kenyon has a great triumph and joy coming. It is just hard for me to continuously read through such excruciating pain. I just had to say that to someone. Thank you for listening/reading.

message 2: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments Did you read Acheron? Styxx is very like that (emotionally). You have to get waaaay past 20% before the pain stops. But, it does stop!

message 3: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 49 comments Yes I did a while back and I remember going through that agony also. Their stories were so similar yet they grew up hating each other. That in itself is torturing. I keep wanting them to reunite, but I know it is not that simple. Ugh good books but painful to my heart. Especially since like everyone here I love the series so dearly.

message 4: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Yea definitely not a book to read alone. I could have only gotten through it doing a buddy read. Otherwise I'd have never finished.

message 5: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments Sometimes I wonder about my mental state that I look SO forward to every SK book! They are ALL traumatic!

message 6: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Well if your mental state is in question, then you have a full group of folks behind ya then lol. But at least the humor balances it all out.

message 7: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments Yes! Probably the only reason I can keep reading :)

message 8: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments And these are characters that we can always root for.

message 9: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 130 comments Haha Cindi, I have thought that too. As a psychologist in training I practically live for the in depth analysis of the psyche of these wounded warriors. Then I think "what the heck is wrong with me!?" lol

Ash and Styxx did have me rethinking my mental capacity for their struggle as I almost started feeling a little sympathy ptsd myself.

Maybe that is why I made all my fam and friends read this series, so I wouldn't be alone. Ha!

Glad I found you all!!! :D

message 10: by Cindi (new)

Cindi (ourtrumpcard) | 534 comments Want to share a room? A white, padded room... :)

message 11: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Bet the rent would be cheap there for sure. ;)

message 12: by BookPusher D (new)

BookPusher D (bookpusherd) | 130 comments Cjeap rent and nice padded surroundings to lounge around on while reading.. count me in ;D

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary Jo (babenbankz) | 2 comments styxx ..totally changed my mind about him. i used to not care for him now he's afav. those poor brothers went through so much pain. such a good twist on the story tho love eeedd it

message 14: by Monica (new)

Monica Daniel | 11 comments I just re-read Acheron and Styxx in the last couple of weeks. The book Styxx still made me cry. I had tears coming down my eyes. Even though I love Acheron and know his struggle was horrible but Styxx just broke my heart.

message 15: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Monica wrote: "I just re-read Acheron and Styxx in the last couple of weeks. The book Styxx still made me cry. I had tears coming down my eyes. Even though I love Acheron and know his struggle was horrible but St..."

You are a brave one Monica. I don't have the courage to go back through those save for skimming a few parts.

message 16: by Monica (new)

Monica Daniel | 11 comments Dhfan4life wrote: "Monica wrote: "I just re-read Acheron and Styxx in the last couple of weeks. The book Styxx still made me cry. I had tears coming down my eyes. Even though I love Acheron and know his struggle was ..."

They are my favorites, Along with Julian's book in her League series. In Acheron I loved Ryssa and in Styxx I wanted to smack her upside the head.

message 17: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments The height of what really good characters can do for us at times. :)

message 18: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 49 comments I want to reread both books after I finish Styxx. It will hurt but I think it will help if I read them closer in time together.

message 19: by Monica (new)

Monica Daniel | 11 comments Alicia wrote: "I want to reread both books after I finish Styxx. It will hurt but I think it will help if I read them closer in time together."

It did help. Gave me a better idea of what Styxx was actually going through at the same time Acheron was.

message 20: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Good luck Alicia. As I've learned at times you learn something more and more when you do a re-read at times.

message 21: by Alicia (new)

Alicia | 49 comments I have been shedding some tears and my fiancé asked why keep reading if it makes you so upset? "Because these books are awesome and I know it will eventually make me smile. :(" He shook his head and said I am strange, then went back to his video game. Lol

message 22: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Alicia wrote: "I have been shedding some tears and my fiancé asked why keep reading if it makes you so upset? "Because these books are awesome and I know it will eventually make me smile. :(" He shook his head an..."

Guys...lol

message 23: by Monica (new)

Monica Daniel | 11 comments LOL I was reading Styxx this past weekend and my husband walked in the room and saw that I was crying. He was like "Not again". He had just caught me crying when I was reading Born of Legend.

message 24: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 10411 comments Haha, should have told him to just bring the extra tissues.