Old Souls Book Club discussion

Just curious... > Do you set intentions for your day / week?

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saiisha (new)

Saiisha | 544 comments Mod
I set intentions for a year, on New Years day, plus I usually choose a word for the year (last year it was "courage", this year it's "soulistic") but I'm wondering if any of you set intentions on a more regular basis? And how it works for you?

message 2: by Julie (new)

Julie | 53 comments Intentions. Ah yes, I set intentions. My morning alarm is titled "Set An Intention" as a reminder for when I awake. I set random intentions on the new moon or a full moon, meaning not every full moon or new moon but just every so often. I set intentions for the new year and I set intentions for my birthday. I try to remember to set an intention before I sleep to guide my dreams.

The first of the year and my birthday and the vernal equinox are very symbolic for me and I treat those days as my own type of sacred / holy days.

message 3: by Saiisha (new)

Julie wrote: "Intentions. Ah yes, I set intentions. My morning alarm is titled "Set An Intention" as a reminder for when I awake. I set random intentions on the new moon or a full moon, meaning not every full mo..."

That's funny Julie - that your alarm is titled "set an intention" and it sounds like it's working! And I agree, full moons and new moons are certainly good reminders for mental intentions. I'm interested why vernal equinox is important to you, if you'd like to share?

message 4: by Julie (new)

Julie | 53 comments Saiisha wrote: "Julie wrote: "Intentions. Ah yes, I set intentions. My morning alarm is titled "Set An Intention" as a reminder for when I awake. I set random intentions on the new moon or a full moon, meaning not..."

It has been my favorite day of the year for a long long time, the first day of Spring signifies new beginnings and even if it snows on that day I can actually feel that life is about to bloom. So, with new beginnings is a wonderful day to set intentions.

message 5: by Saiisha (new)

Julie wrote: "Saiisha wrote: "Julie wrote: "Intentions. Ah yes, I set intentions. My morning alarm is titled "Set An Intention" as a reminder for when I awake. I set random intentions on the new moon or a full m..."

So true - it brings a feeling of hope, "all is well again", and definitely, lots of new beginnings! I think I might borrow your idea for myself :)

message 6: by Julie (new)

Julie | 53 comments Saiisha wrote: "Julie wrote: "Saiisha wrote: "Julie wrote: "Intentions. Ah yes, I set intentions. My morning alarm is titled "Set An Intention" as a reminder for when I awake. I set random intentions on the new mo..."

No need to borrow, take the idea as a gift ;-)

message 7: by Saiisha (new)

Julie wrote: "Saiisha wrote: "Julie wrote: "Saiisha wrote: "Julie wrote: "Intentions. Ah yes, I set intentions. My morning alarm is titled "Set An Intention" as a reminder for when I awake. I set random intentio..."

LOL, thank you :)

message 8: by Juanita (new)

Juanita | 2 comments On my way to work i set my intentions for the day and on my way home i often set them again. This will often help me be mindful and stay in the present. It also allows grace to support me throughout my day.
Barbara Brennan writes a lot about the Hara which is the part of ourselves that is connected to Intention. Often when we have issues in setting/manifesting out intentions, energetically this connected to our Hara. The Hara is well-known in martial arts.
I too like to set intentions around New Years for the year ahead, and reflect on the year passing.

message 9: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 127 comments Very interesting - I've never heard of The Hara - I'll have to check that out. Thank you Juanita!

message 10: by Saiisha (new)

Juanita wrote: "On my way to work i set my intentions for the day and on my way home i often set them again. This will often help me be mindful and stay in the present. It also allows grace to support me throughou..."

I had never heard about the Hara either! I like the idea of diving deeper into the connection between setting intentions and manifesting those intentions!

message 11: by Sharon (new)

Sharon | 4 comments I try to everyday. Almost always about gratitude and lately focusing on loving kindness.

message 12: by Saiisha (new)

Sharon wrote: "I try to everyday. Almost always about gratitude and lately focusing on loving kindness."

Gratitude really does have a way of balancing out our thoughts about lack, and transforming them into thoughts about abundance, doesn't it? I think that's a great intention to focus on everyday!

message 13: by Lyle (new)

Lyle Hutchins Never tried it seems interesting to explore the possibility.Lyle Hutchins