What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Regency Romance; Heroine shoots hero. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by fluffysox (last edited Aug 01, 2016 12:47PM) (new)

fluffysox | 3 comments Hero is titled English rake, heroine is proper English lady who despises rakes. Hero woos heroine, takes advantage, then scorns her publicly. She shoots him (in Italy, I think, but maybe not). They wed & return to his home where she encourages him to take in & raise his neglected bastard son. Obvious HEA. Thought Loretta Chase wrote it, but looks like not. Any help appreciated!

message 2: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1239 comments Well it sounds a lot like Lord of Scoundrels are you sure it wasn't by Chase?

message 3: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 625 comments it does sound like LoS, but she (Jessica - I think) - shoots him in an antique store as more of a dare

message 4: by Aerulan (last edited Aug 01, 2016 01:56PM) (new)

Aerulan | 1239 comments Dee wrote: "it does sound like LoS, but she (Jessica - I think) - shoots him in an antique store as more of a dare"

Except when she meets Dain (the H) they're out of England aren't they? So that fits. And wasn't the shooting thing because they were caught kissing at a party, so she shoots him since he won't do anything to redeem her reputation? I could be mixing up some other books, it's been a good while since I read that one, though I may pick it up again now that I've been reminded.

ETA I checked and she shoots him in a restaurant, and it's not as a dare. Though they do clash in an antique store earlier in the book.

message 5: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40166 comments Mod
When was the book published? Remember the cover?

message 6: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36030 comments Mod
Yes, it sounds like Lord of Scoundrels by Loretta Chase. Dain, who is half-Italian, gives the impression of wooing her in Italian in a cafe.

message 7: by Mir (new)

Mir | 714 comments Some elements you list match Devil's Cub.

message 8: by fluffysox (new)

fluffysox | 3 comments Dang it, y'all are probably right. Gonna go find that one again & re-read it to see. I'll move this to Solved if so. Thank you!!!

message 9: by fluffysox (new)

fluffysox | 3 comments Yes, it was Lord of Scoundrels. And the second read was better than the first! lol Thanks for helping me clear this up! Discussion has been moved to Solved.

message 10: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1239 comments You're welcome! I'm glad we could help. :)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Devil's Cub (other topics)
Lord of Scoundrels (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Loretta Chase (other topics)