Stephen King Fans discussion

The Dark Tower (The Dark Tower, Book 7) (King, Stephen)
Dark Tower Series > Reading the whole series again to see if you have a new theory?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Wise Cat (last edited Aug 01, 2016 10:36AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Wise Cat (wisecat) | 103 comments I've been trying to start a new topic in a couple of other places but it either doesn't show or doesn't let me post again once I post the first part.

"Mayhap" someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, "if it does ya fine", LOL.....I'm not too familiar with navigating this site.

Anyway, this was an amazing series. After reading that "ending", is anyone else kind of tempted to read the whole thing all over again to see if you either missed something, or come up with a new theory on what the ending/journey meant?

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 747 comments You know, I have thought about it. I read them all with the exception of TWTTK back to back to back, and it really wore me out with big books. However, I can see myself picking them up again in a few years. I think since I know the ending, I could probably find something I missed, but also, with the ending in mind, I probably would read the story a bit differently. I know when I originally read the series, I read with such enthusiasm to find out the ending. Now, it wouldn't be to read the find the ending. It would to be just enjoy the journey.

Anna | 7 comments No I don't think I would... I really enjoyed the series, when I finally got past The Gunslinger, but it took me most of a year to read it, and there are still so many books in the world I would like to read, instead of spending my time re-reading. Maybe I would like to read Wizard and Glass one last time, since this one was my favorite. However, I have most likely missed lots and lots of things during my first read. Do tell if you discover anything new in the second read ;)

Lena I'm picking up again in September wanting to complete the journey this year. I can see why you'd want to reread since even reading them a month or two apart the details fade. Before I start again I need to reread about that horn. ;)

Matt Boyd I highly recommend reading the series again. I started the series back in high school almost 20 years and only got into about book 3. I have since read it several times and listened to it on audio. Each time I find things I miss. I am a big Dark Tower fan, though. It's a bit different reading it if you know the end.

I don't want to reveal any spoilers so please stop reading if you haven't read the book.

Last chance......

I like to think that each time I read the series, it's a different time that Roland reaches his tower, and that explains why I find new things each time I read it.

Terri Edwards (teresaluvsbooks) | 149 comments Wise Cat wrote: "I've been trying to start a new topic in a couple of other places but it either doesn't show or doesn't let me post again once I post the first part.

"Mayhap" someone can tell me what I'm doing wr..."

I've been tempted but, alas, not quite ready to go the distance yet. :)

Terri Edwards (teresaluvsbooks) | 149 comments Kathryn wrote: "You know, I have thought about it. I read them all with the exception of TWTTK back to back to back, and it really wore me out with big books. However, I can see myself picking them up again in a f..."

Yes, you summed it up perfectly, Kathryn. In a few years yes, probably, and picking up on things I missed the first time is the lure for me.

Annerlee | 13 comments I've re-read the series a few times and always find something different. They are different each time, of course, because my world has 'moved on' and I've become a slightly different person.

And every time I come to the end, I miss the characters so much I want to start all over again.

Nick Iuppa | 4056 comments I'm thinking about it. I've read W&G a couple of times but the others only once. I might try it... or I might just do the last couple, since I was disappointed in them and feel they deserve another chance.

Marcus Peterson | 142 comments Before Wolves came out, I re-read the other four. I really enjoyed it, but reading W&G again was tough, just because I dreaded getting to the end.

Kandice | 4104 comments I've reread the series a few times and the last time I actually thought of something that had never occurred to me before. It was certainly not an original thought as I cam to find out, but (view spoiler)

message 12: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick Iuppa | 4056 comments Marcus wrote: "Before Wolves came out, I re-read the other four. I really enjoyed it, but reading W&G again was tough, just because I dreaded getting to the end."

The harshest ending in all of King, but inexorable.

Kathryn (kcanty313) | 747 comments Kandice wrote: "I've reread the series a few times and the last time I actually thought of something that had never occurred to me before. It was certainly not an original thought as I cam to find out, but [spoile..."

Kandice, I completely forgot about that. You could be correct. (view spoiler)

message 14: by Nick (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nick Iuppa | 4056 comments Kathryn wrote: "Kandice wrote: "I've reread the series a few times and the last time I actually thought of something that had never occurred to me before. It was certainly not an original thought as I cam to find ..."

It's a great idea.