Tudor History Lovers discussion

Group Reads > Nominations Open - Group Read for September 2016

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1968 comments What book about the Tudors or Tudor England would you like to have as our Group Read in September?

If it's in a series, can it be easily read as a stand-alone? If not, you might want to nominate the first book in the series, or the most recent book in it the group has not read together.

Can't remember what we've already read as a group? (Sometimes I can't, either.) There's a "group-reads" shelf on the group Bookshelf.

Two nominations to a person, please.

message 5: by Seth (new)

Seth Margolis | 6 comments May I humbly recommend my new novel, THE SEMPER SONNET? It's a thriller about a newly-discovered Shakespeare sonnet that may hold the key to long-buried secrets about Elizabeth I. It takes place both in contemporary New York City and Elizabethan England. I'd love to participate in a virtual book club session about this novel.

message 6: by Kori (new)

Kori Kamradt Seth - that sounds really good!

message 7: by Rachel (last edited Aug 03, 2016 10:56AM) (new)

message 8: by Jo (new)

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1968 comments I will nominate two myself:

The Pleasure Palace, by Kate Emerson,

and

How To Be a Tudor: A Dawn-to-Dusk Guide to Tudor Life, by Ruth Goodman.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1968 comments If anyone wants to make a last minute nomination, please do so, as I'll close nominations and open a poll later today.

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1968 comments The poll is up and is available on the home page of the group, or here: https://www.goodreads.com/poll/show/1... .

Susanna - Censored by GoodReads (susannag) | 1968 comments Currently in the lead, with a couple of days left: Plantagenet Princess, Tudor Queen: The Story of Elizabeth of York, by Samantha Wilcoxson.