Harry Potter and the Cursed Child discussion

Spoilers > Yup, that plot twist. *Major Spoiler*

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Meredith (new)

Meredith (merebooks) | 37 comments Mod
A little shocked by the Bellatrix and Voldemort bastard child? Discuss below.

message 2: by Meredith (new)

The thought that Bellatrix is pregnant sometime between HBP and DH is kinda crazy. Yes, it is very clear that Bellatrix would do anything for Voldemort, but damn woman!

Apparently the Rowle family (according to the Harry Potter Wiki) takes her since everyone that is of important to her either dies in the Battle of Hogwarts or is sent to Azkaban. She must have grown up in a pretty terrible environment to say the least.

But I need a little more an that! The play created this new character somewhat out of left field and we get very little otherwise.

message 3: by Keegan (new)

Keegan | 3 comments I was dreading the 'Voldemort has a child' thing the second they introduce the rumour about Scorpius. I do prefer that it ends up being this minor recurring character, but it's very strange that she's so underdeveloped. It's also a little weird that it happens so late in the story and doesn't get much development from there.

message 4: by Meredith (new)

Keegan wrote: "I was dreading the 'Voldemort has a child' thing the second they introduce the rumour about Scorpius. I do prefer that it ends up being this minor recurring character, but it's very strange that sh..."

Right?! That was one a few major issues for me. I mean , she flies?! But no real explanation or further plot given to it.

Like someone else said in one of the other threads, I really didn't catch into Delphi being an issue until the Owlerly when I probably should have guessed earlier especially since this is HP. But yeah, random.

message 5: by Desi (new)

Desi | 3 comments When I read about the rumour about Scropius it made me laugh because of how ridiculous it sounded... And then I considered the title - it wasn't so funny anymore :D

message 6: by Ereska (new)

Ereska | 15 comments I completely dismissed the rumour, because JKR herself has said Voldemort being a father would be a terrible idea.
And Delphi built her role well - "...It's what they used to say about me at school. Delphini Diggory - there isn't a hole she couldn't dig herself into..." I immediately assumed she had been in Hufflepuff. In fact, she reminded me a lot of Tonks (who would have been her cousin), so I didn't expect the plot twist at all. Also, Delphini Diggory sounds so much better than Delphini Lestrange. I wonder how much about her when Albus first met her was real and how much was just disguise.

message 7: by Ereska (new)

Ereska | 15 comments Some interesting musings on Delphi:http://archiveofourown.org/works/7647784

Btw, where is her hair colour mentioned? I've read she supposedly has silverblond hair with blue tips (probably not her natural colour), but I can't remember this was actually in the book.

message 8: by Desi (new)

Desi | 3 comments Ereska wrote: "Some interesting musings on Delphi:http://archiveofourown.org/works/7647784

Btw, where is her hair colour mentioned? I've read she supposedly has silverblond hair with blue tips (probably not her ..."

It was in the part when the parents figure out that the Albus and Scorpius were in the Owlery. I think it was Ron (after a night out drinking with Neville) who said he saw Albus with a girl with silver hair there and he left to give them privacy. The Harry asked something like "silver hair with blue tips? That's Amos's niece". I don't remember it being mentioned before that :)

message 9: by Ereska (new)

Ereska | 15 comments Ah. Thanks Desislava. :)

message 10: by Rachel (new)

Rachel (rasashbrook) | 2 comments I felt that something was wrong with her character but couldn't quite place my finger on it. Now that I'm reading it more slowly a second time, I realized that she told Albus people teased her at school and told Scorpius that she was too ill to go to school. Both stories would have appealed to each boy. Albus has been teased for his family name and Scorpius just lost his mother to illness. It was a targeted manipulation of each young man.

message 11: by Ereska (new)

Ereska | 15 comments Well, she didn't say she never went to school, only that she didn't go to Hogwarts. But I agree, she is a master manipulator, just like daddy dearest.
But I wonder, why does she care about the boys' friendship? She even postpones the time travel mission so they can reconcile, when she could have easily gotten Albus or Scorpius to finish it alone.

message 12: by Hemma_J (new)

Hemma_J | 5 comments Yeah... that part about Bellatrix, Voldemort and Delphie read like puuuure fanfiction. The kind I would klick away for bringing up far-fetched ideas.