2-3-4 Challenge discussion

Archives - Monthly Reading Plans > Lieke's reading plan - August 2016

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lieke (last edited Aug 27, 2016 10:39AM) (new)

Lieke | 1178 comments ✔ ☞

Reread
-

FF Challenge
How I Live Now

Around the year in 52 books
Het Dolende Schip
Fangirl
Secret Histories
I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Rebel Allies

Unplanned
The Housekeeper + The Professor

Kris - My Novelesque Life (mynovelesquelife) | 2416 comments Have fun reading :)

message 3: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1178 comments Thanks! :)

message 4: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth  | 974 comments Enjoy your reading!

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11291 comments Mod
I've heard good things about Fangirl. Enjoy!

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Lieke, do you read in English, Dutch or both?

message 7: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1178 comments I read in English, Dutch and Swedish :)
I prefer to read English written books in English, but before I didn't mind so I still have some English books translated to Dutch lying around. And sometimes I get books as a gift and they are in Dutch most of the time.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

That's so impressive, Lieke! Wish I had that ability.

message 9: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments Jonetta wrote: "That's so impressive, Lieke! Wish I had that ability."

I agree Jonetta! I have always wanted to learn a 2nd language but just don't seem to have the aptitude for it.

message 10: by Jonetta (new)

I can understand Italian and have passable speaking Spanish but doubt that I could read a book in either language.

message 11: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1178 comments I think it is easier for me since you hear and read English in a lot of places. And I learned Swedish when I lived in Sweden.
But I wasn't very good in languages at school, I think you learn it better when you're in a country where you have to speak the language.

message 12: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Happy reading!

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Lieke wrote: "I think it is easier for me since you hear and read English in a lot of places. And I learned Swedish when I lived in Sweden.
But I wasn't very good in languages at school, I think you learn it bet..."

I lived in Italy for three years and that's why I understand Italian but never read the language. However, I took Spanish in school and can decently speak it but never really got to use it all that much.

message 14: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Enjoy your reading this month Lieke.

message 15: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1178 comments I finished my first book of the month I am number Four: The lost files Secret Histories by Pittacus Lore.
It contains three stories that give you more information about characters from the books, like the books I like them a lot, the characters are great and the stories have a lot of action.
Now I have to find out what is the best order to read the books and stories I have left :)

message 17: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4454 comments Mod
Hope you have a good reading month, Lieke!

message 18: by Lauren (new)

It's great that you can reading in so many languages.

While I'm fluent in reading, writing and speaking Hebrew, it is my 2nd language and I find it much more difficult to read for enjoyment. So I mainly read the newspaper in Hebrew but my pleasure reading is only in English.

message 19: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1178 comments Thanks Lauren and everyone I forgot to thank before :D

The Olympic games are not good for my reading time....
But I like watching all those different sports even ones I normally wouldn't watch :)

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lieke wrote: "The Olympic games are not good for my reading time...."

I know!. Its really cutting into my reading time :0)

message 21: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1178 comments I just finished Fangirl, managed to finish it because I decided to do nothing this morning but read :)
I loved the book and the characters, I didn't mind the Simon or fanfic parts, but they didn't add anything either. Not sure if I'm interested in reading Carry On. I recognized myself a bit in Cath, but I'm not that bad although I love my reading days :)

And now the Olympics are not just going to take my reading time, but also my sleeping time since all the athletics finals are in the middle of the night.....

message 22: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1178 comments I'm doing a Read-A-Thon with another group on GR and it has made me read a bit more than I normaly do in a week:
The Housekeeper + The Professor
Het Dolende Schip
I Am Number Four: The Lost Files: Rebel Allies

And that was good because the week before that I didn't read a lot.
Very different books but all very good.