Pakistani Readers discussion

Debates n Discussions > Discussion Thread

Comments Showing 1-29 of 29 (29 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 31, 2016 08:27AM) (new)

Danish, if women don't have to protect mens honor, then how exactly is it harder for them to protect their own honor?

What exactly is a dignified reason or way of going out? Can't a woman go out for no special reason? I'm confused.

message 2: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments Everyone protects his/her honor, saying women protect men's honor (by themselves staying at home or whatever) is no different than saying that husband fills wife's stomach by himself having a meal, lol. Women are more sexually harassed so let them worry about themselves.

It's not just a woman should not go out for no reason, even men shouldn't go out for no reason. If you learn about human civilization throughout history, you'll see that actions of humans became more purposeful with time. A man wandering around the streets or sitting on sidewalk with friends for no reason is NEVER considered a gentleman. That's what dignified means when I say it. I don't even wanna bring Islam into it otherwise the whole discussion will go south from there lol.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Why don't you ever answer a question directly?
Why is it harder for women to protect their honour as compared to men? And what exactly is a dignified reason to go out?
You made these claims so elaborate on them.

message 4: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments I just did elaborate. You just want to hear what you THINK should be the answer. You just can't stand when your preconceived judgments are not fed, can you? :)

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

You didn't actually. I agree that both men and women have to protect their honor. You said that it is harder for women to protect their honor than it is for men. Where did you elaborate on that?

message 6: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments "Women are more sexually harassed so let them worry about themselves." Right here ACTUALLY.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

Men harass them, right? So you're saying that women need to protect their honor more because of men.. lol. I guess it's foolish of me to expect you to follow that chain of thought to its logical comclusion :p

So because men are helpless to stop themselves from harassing women, it is women who have to worry about themselves AND men. *Clapping* whattay mentality. I think we have established your opinion about this topic and I have gotten my answers :) lets end the 'discussion' on that note, lol

message 8: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments You know Asad, I've been really saddened by you. I mean, without trying to be offensive or anything, but I've had this discussion with probably far more intelligent professionals than both of us but the attitude and the shallow concept people like you portray is really what saddens me.
Saying that women shouldn't be protective of their honor just because men (it should be 'some men' though) harass them is really an old and very shallow argument. Its same as saying we shouldn't hide our money just because some people want to steal them.
Most of the time I avoid talking to people who talk out of their little exposure in life and little knowledge of the reality that surrounds them. I didn't know you and you 'looked' a decent smart person. But what you all are is a person with a set of beliefs based on 'apparent' morals instead of a deep thought. Even Sigmund Freud explicitly described that the matter of sexuality of men towards women is inevitable regardless of the relation and measures must be taken in order to define borders. ANY literate person I've had a conversation with on this matter knows the reality of the issue. Anyways, I encourage you to read some books on behavioral psychology and other non-fiction too sometimes so that you can talk more intelligently next time instead of throwing your shallow beliefs in a disregarding pretending-to-be-funny fashion. :)

message 9: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 01, 2016 02:22AM) (new)

Hmm.. actually I know that most men are like that. I'm not denying the reality of our society and yes I agree that women should cover themselves up and avoid making men horny and desperate just by going in front of them. My point is that it shouldn't be like this. Instead of telling women to take more care of how they present themselves, you should tell men to learn some self control and not harass, tease, rape etc. The burden should not be put on women. It should be put on men who seemingly cannot control their primal and animalistic urges to f*%k anything with a hole.

By not telling men to control themselves and instead telling women to wrap themselves up like a candy bar to keep flies away (lmao), you're just propogating the idea that men aren't accountable for their actions. That's really sad.

In case you didn't know, most of Freuds theories are outdated and obsolete nowadays. Most literate people know that :) however, why is it only women who have to define borders? Why are men exempt from defining borders for themselves?

Btw.. instead of telling me to read books related to these topics.. you should open up a book yourself some day lol. You only betray your own ignorance when you appeal to authority in a flawed way :)

message 10: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments O yaar no one said anything about men should do this or that :S. Discussions are done based upon the subject in context. The subject was women, please man, don't just be arrogant on shoving your superiority. If you would've asked me to say something about men then I wouldn't just say that they should control their urges, I would say they should be beaten the sh*t out of them and put to jail for letting out their animalistic urges over not just women but over ANYONE. Don't make me regret arguing because I am making a point but you insist on desperately bringing totally different point into it.
And are you for real when you said Freud's theory on animal instincts is outdated? for real man? PLEASE don't ever say that to someone like a doctor or psychologist, PLEASE. I can't believe you would consider that theory of his to be outdated.

message 11: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments Theories of psychology are RARELY outdated. And PLEASE for God sake don't say that his theory is outdated because it cannot be proved 100% right scientifically, please dude. Because his theory is NOT scientific, no theory of psychology is. please don't confuse the two.

message 12: by [deleted user] (new)

Tsk tsk.... okay dude... you can live in your fantasy world where psychology remains the same forever and ever and where all smart people agree with you :) I won't torture you by debating like a normal human.. you obviously don't like debates or discussions lol.

Ps. You should research these topics yourself. Hopefully your misconceptions can be erased if you research yourself :)

message 13: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments Lol, I have read more than enough on these topics. I've taken Online Yale University courses on this, so :).

message 14: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 01, 2016 05:57AM) (new)

If you consider an introduction to psychology course as 'more than enough'... allah hi hafiz hai phir, lol. All of their online courses are only introductory courses. They only cover the basics man, yet you're acting like you're an expert. Did you even pass the introductory course? :P if you did, you've appaeently forgotten all of it.

You should think before making apparently boastful claims lol. This isn't the first time you've made an empty claim .. and that's sad.

message 15: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments Have you taken their courses? :D My mom has her own hospital, my sister is doctor of Pharmacy, yet their Medical courses benefit them immensely, you just read the name "introductory" and you decided that they don't know anything about Freud in that course :D you seriously are stupid aren't you :D

message 16: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments I knew how shallow your understanding of the world was when you went on google to see if I worked at Six Sigma Productions :D. Internet scholar lol.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

Yup. Instead of backing your own assertions, first you claim to have knowledge so you must be right and don't need to explain your statements. Then when that fails, you resort to ad hominems and asserting that since your family members are in medicine, you must be right. You also keep repeating a few words and phrases as if saying them enough times will make them true.

I would say that's pathetic but that would take too much energy. Enjoy your fantasy land :)

message 18: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 01, 2016 06:29AM) (new)

By the way, I didn't want to ask as I figured it was a sore topic for you and I didn't want to be mean, but since we're past that, which movie was it that you pre-produced?

Btw, I didn't doubt you worked at six sigma. I doubted that you worked in that shahid afridi movie.

You should google the meaning of shallow, you keep saying it but it's clear you don't know what it means lol

message 19: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments Lol, you must be a kid I guess. How old are you?

message 20: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments You know what, I noticed that you're a kind of person who just likes to poke his nose in every matter and start an argument for no reason, right? I mean, looking back now, I didn't even talk to you lol. You just jumped in for no friggin' reason trying to be the 'know-it-all' guy just to start an argument to probably get attention.

You must be the type of guy in a family who just start an argument of any sort wherever he goes. I just wasted almost two days feeding your hunger for arguments. I mean, no one asked you if I told the truth about the movie or not, but just to start with something you went and searched for it lol. Who cares if you didn't find my name lol. Do I? Sh*t no! lol everyone related to me knows about it. But good going boy :)

message 21: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 01, 2016 07:05AM) (new)

Lmao! So now this is the best you can come up with to try to avoid getting... exposed (I guess) as a big talker who actually doesn't know anything. Lol... pathetic.. and sad. I would say that I'm as old as you, if not older :)

Anyway, I'm tired of reading your sorry attempts at communication lol. I'm off work now and heading home to relax. Thanks for providing me amusement today, it would have been a boring day otherwise :)

Btw... you should be careful what you or others put online. Google 'doxing'. It can happen to you. I won't do it ever, no matter how much you try to provoke me, cause I have honor. But others might if you annoy them enough. You have a lot of private information thats publically available to anyone with google access. So be careful online, friendly advice :)

message 22: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments I know you will try to pinch me again to get my attention and start with something else just like you started again even after having your answers lol, but what the hell. I don't give a f**k now. Take care buddy :) Bye.

message 23: by [deleted user] (new)

Hahaha, like I said, it took me just 2 minutes to google that. It's sad how its some kind of big deal to you. You must live a very sheltered life... that explains your attitude too. Next time think before you lie, the internet is a powerful tool :)

Ciao

message 24: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments Lie :D see, I knew you will do something :D You stupid kid :D. Next time do a better "research" of yours than google LOL

message 25: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments You must be a real pain in the ass for your family LOL. Always finds something to argue about :D

message 26: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 01, 2016 08:15AM) (new)

Nice deflection Danish. You managed to change the topic from honor of men & women etc, as you knew you couldn't defend your position without making it clear how sexist you are, to this nonsense. Grow up kid :) chalo bhaago :p

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

I guess you're new to the internet lol.

message 28: by Danish (new)

Danish Khan | 31 comments Aw poor kid, I didn't need to defend anything. You challenged me to answer your questions, I did. You didn't find those answers worth arguing enough so YOU changed the topic and kept bringing other things to argue upon. You really REALLY must be a pain for your parents and siblings, I can't imagine how they must live with such a stupid person :D

message 29: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 01, 2016 08:24AM) (new)

Lol. Read your replies on this thread. You didn"t explain anything apart from "women get harassed". It's really pathetic how you're now making remarks about my family :) it shows your childish mentality. I pity you, I really do.

Btw, read again.You changed the topic, not me. I guess lying is part of your genetic structure and you can't help it lol