Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

ملکه‌ی سرخ (Red Queen, #1)
This topic is about ملکه‌ی سرخ
Language & Translation Issues > Every detail is wrong for this book

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by MohamadSaleh (last edited Jul 31, 2016 04:07AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

MohamadSaleh NooraniZadeh (mohamad_noorani) | 0 comments Hello. I'm new to this group so i apologize if my post is not according to what should be.
I'm the person who has translated Victorya Aveyard's The Red Queen and the sequels which have been published in Iran.
So far 2 of the books are listed in GoodReads:
ملکه ی سرخ
آواز ملکه
The problem is that every detail (except for the name and page number) is wrong for a book published in Persian. I requested to become a librarian but I haven't heard back from GoodReads people. I also sent a message and said I was the translator but I haven't heard anything back in that respect either.
So in case anyone would like to help, I'll list the problems here:
The translator's name is mentioned as: محمدصالح نوری زاده
whereas it should be: محمد صالح نورانی زاده
(me!)
The summary and characters' names in this edition should be in Persian (correct me if I'm wrong) so I'll write everything:
Summary:
(view spoiler)
Mare Barrow: مر بارو
Killorn Warren: کیلورن وارن
Gisa Barrow: گیسا بارو
Tiberias Calore "Cal" VII: تایبریاس کالور هفتم، کال

Also one other book of the series has been published in Iran yet it is not in Goodreads yet, and another one will be coming in the next month or so. If anyone can make the page for the book I'll be happy to deliver the information needed.
Thank you in advance.

message 2: by Gerd (new)

Gerd | 1050 comments Added you as translator to Red Queen and changed summary to the one posted.
Hope that's correct as I have no idea what it says. :D

MohamadSaleh NooraniZadeh (mohamad_noorani) | 0 comments Armi wrote: "I've changed the description for Red Queen and translator for both, can you check if they are correct now?

Characters aren't edition specific but are for the entire work so the or..."

Yes everything is correct now. Thank you. the only thing is that now there's a "__________" in the URL instead of the book's name. other than that everything is alright.

Gerd wrote: "Added you as translator to Red Queen and changed summary to the one posted.
Hope that's correct as I have no idea what it says. :D"

Thank you. It's all as it should be now.
Don't worry the text is completely correct ;)

If by chance you had a few spare minutes I would appreciate it if you could replace the summary with the one that I'll write in the following spoiler tag. Because the writing format was a bit indistinct. If not, It wouldn't be a big problem so no worries.
(view spoiler)

MohamadSaleh NooraniZadeh (mohamad_noorani) | 0 comments The summary for آواز ملکه:
(view spoiler)

message 5: by MohamadSaleh (last edited Aug 02, 2016 10:24AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

MohamadSaleh NooraniZadeh (mohamad_noorani) | 0 comments Sorry to bother you again, but a new problem has occurred that I don't seem to be able to solve.
I've become a GoodReads author but my name was changed in the process to محمدصالح نورانی‌زاده and now there are 2 authors. One with spaces in the name and one without, and ملکه ی سرخ is connected to my profile and the other two ( آواز ملکه and زخم های پولادین ) are connected to the name with spaces.
Can you change my author name from what it is now (محمدصالح نورانی‌زاده) to
محمد صالح نورانی زاده
?
For some reason, I can't do it myself. When I edit the name itself (I can change the other parts) I get an error:
"Sorry, only users with librarian status can edit book and author data. If you would like librarian status, then please apply here. "
Although I've become a GoodReads author and also received Librarian Status, seems like I still can't change anything about any book.

message 6: by Koenraad (new)

Koenraad (koenraadkelemen) | 5478 comments As a Goodreads author you have limited control over your books and profile, but this does not imply you have complete librarian status.
And even so, librarians cannot make changes to the profile of a Goodreads author, only staff can. The fastest way to resolve the situation will be to contact them via the contact_us link on the help page, and explain your problem to them so they can merge both profiles under the correct name.

MohamadSaleh NooraniZadeh (mohamad_noorani) | 0 comments Koenraad wrote: "As a Goodreads author you have limited control over your books and profile, but this does not imply you have complete librarian status.
And even so, librarians cannot make changes to the profile of..."

Thanks for your reply. I will do what you suggested.