Nothing But Reading Challenges discussion

NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley August 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 155 (155 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31504 comments Mod
NetGalley

Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How to Participate:

The NetGalley Challenge is designed to not only get you to read your NetGalley books, but to also advertise your reviews for others to see because after all, that's what NetGalley is all about.

Though you may pop in/out at any time, the NetGalley Challenge will run on a monthly basis so you are able to see progress being made.

1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf
b: What books are on your NG shelf
c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)

3. At the end of the month, update your post and with:
a: What books you read
b: Link(s) to your review(s)**
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Then start a new post for the next month!

But Wait, There's More

Do you ever get so caught up in your reading that you don't want to stop to write your reviews?

Thinking about that, it was decided we need a "Review Weekend", once each month, set aside to write those reviews you've been not doing in favor of reading!

Review Weekends will vary randomly each month and is meant to be a time set aside to review. Take one, or both days and get caught up on reviews so you can spend the rest of the month reading!!

The next Review Weekend is set for August 13th & 14th

**When linking your reviews, please link only to the book(s) here at GoodReads. At this time, linking to a personal blog is not allowed. Thank you!

message 2: by Moderators of NBRC, Challenger-in-Chief (new)

Moderators of NBRC | 31504 comments Mod
reserved

message 3: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (last edited Sep 01, 2016 09:15PM) (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14753 comments Mod
Start of Month:

Books on Shelf : 5
Books: A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald by Natasha Lester A Deadly Affection by Cuyler Overholt The Purloined Poodle by Kevin Hearne The Other Einstein A Novel by Marie Benedict Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver

Feedback ratio: 92%

FINISHED
Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver review
A Kiss from Mr Fitzgerald by Natasha Lester review

ADDED
Curious Minds (Knight and Moon, #1) by Janet Evanovich When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore The Birdman's Wife by Melissa Ashley Faithful by Alice Hoffman

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 7
Feedback Ratio:89%

message 4: by Nicole (last edited Sep 01, 2016 08:32PM) (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Start Of Month
Books on shelf: 21 books
Feedback Ratio: 32%

To read:
Blood Red Snow White by Marcus Sedgwick The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti Before She Wakes Forbidden Fairy Tales by Sharon Lynn Fisher
Holding Up the Universe by Jennifer Niven The Diabolic by S.J. Kincaid Replica (Replica, #1) by Lauren Oliver When the Moon Was Ours by Anna-Marie McLemore City of Shadows (London Fae, #2) by Pippa DaCosta Emily by Novala Takemoto The Departed by Kristy Cooper The Infinity of You & Me by J.Q. Coyle The Form of Things Unknown by Robin Bridges Out of Order (The Survivor's Club, #1) by Casey Lawrence The Movie Version by Emma Wunsch In the Present Tense by Carrie Pack The Pirate of Fathoms Deep (Tales of the High Court #2) by Megan Derr Points of Departure by Emily O’Beirne Defective (Outcast, #1) by B. Austin Cold Moon (Moon, #3) by M.J. O'Shea Hunter's Moon (Insolita Luna #2) by M.J. O'Shea Summer, Fireworks, and My Corpse by Otsuichi

NetGalley Review

End of Month:
Books on shelf: 26
Feedback Ratio: 41%

message 5: by Kazen (last edited Aug 29, 2016 09:22PM) (new)

Kazen August

Start:
The Ballroom A Novel by Anna Hope Generation Chef Risking It All for a New American Dream by Karen Stabiner
Ratio: 91%

Finished (review closer to pub date):
The Ballroom A Novel by Anna Hope In Our Own Hands Essays in Deaf History, 1780–1970 by Brian H. Greenwald That Potent Alchemy (Treading the Boards, #3) by Tess Bowery

Added:
Murder in Dragon City by Ming Qin That Potent Alchemy (Treading the Boards, #3) by Tess Bowery In Our Own Hands Essays in Deaf History, 1780–1970 by Brian H. Greenwald Tainted Witness Why We Doubt What Women Say about Their Lives by Leigh Gilmore The Dare and the Doctor (Winner Takes All, #3) by Kate Noble
Current ratio: 86%

NetGalley Review

Protege by Lydia Michaels --> 3★ review

That Potent Alchemy (Treading the Boards, #3) by Tess Bowery --> abandonded with regret

message 6: by [deleted user] (last edited Jul 31, 2016 05:40AM) (new)

Start of Month:

Books on Shelf: 12
The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas, #1) by Zoraida Córdova Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch Buzz Books 2016 Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch The Butterfly Garden by Dot Hutchison All the Ugly and Wonderful Things by Bryn Greenwood The Ballroom A Novel by Anna Hope The Heavenly Table by Donald Ray Pollock In Twenty Years by Allison Winn Scotch Machinations (Machinations, #1) by Hayley Stone

Feedback ratio: 54%

FINISHED

ADDED

message 7: by Kristie (last edited Aug 29, 2016 07:56PM) (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments I'm in again. These NetGalley challenges are so great!

August

Beginning of the month:

Books on shelf - 13

Books:
The Purloined Poodle by Kevin Hearne (10/1) Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1) by Brenda Novak (8/30) The Other Einstein A Novel by Marie Benedict (11/30) Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly (9/30) Life Moves Pretty Fast The Lessons We Learned From Eighties Movies (And Why We Don't Learn Them From Movies Any More) by Hadley Freeman The Girl You Lost by Kathryn Croft The Readers of Broken Wheel Recommend by Katarina Bivald The Forgotten Girls (Louise Rick, #7; Missing Persons Trilogy #1) by Sara Blaedel Hiding Places by Erin Healy My Sister's Secret by Tracy Buchanan The Flying Circus by Susan Crandall Hidden Bodies (You, #2) by Caroline Kepnes The Goodbye Year by Kaira Rouda

Netgalley ratio: 82%

End of the month:

Books read: 2
Rebalance Your Relationship with Food Reassuring recipes and nutritional support for positive, confident eating by Emma Bacon The Other Einstein A Novel by Marie Benedict

Reviews: 2
Rebalance Your Relationship with Food review
The Other Einstein review

Shelf count: 12

Ratio: 84%

Books Added: 1
Rebalance Your Relationship with Food Reassuring recipes and nutritional support for positive, confident eating by Emma Bacon

message 8: by Brianna (last edited Jul 31, 2016 05:54AM) (new)

Brianna Andreda | 422 comments I'm so glad I found this. I really needed something to motivate me to finish some of these NetGalley books.

Beginning of the month:
Books on shelf: 7
Books: The Untouched Crime by Zijin Chen Monstress #1 by Marjorie M. Liu Born to Love, Cursed to Feel by Samantha King The Boston Strangler by Gerold Frank Kill the Father A Novel by Sandrone Dazieri The Last Stop by Michael H Burnam Code Name Jack Rabbit (The Vampire Guard #1) by Elizabeth Noble
Feedback ratio: 22%

Books finished:

Books added:

End of Month:

Books on shelf:

Feedback ratio:

message 9: by Alison (last edited Aug 15, 2016 02:44PM) (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2628 comments I'm in for August. Everything went to pot in July so hopefully this'll motivate me to get back on track :)

Beginning of Month

Feedback Ratio 70%
Books on Shelf: 25

Planning to Read
My Husband's Wife by Jane Corry Baby Doll by Hollie Overton The Lazarus Curse (Dr. Thomas Silkstone #4) by Tessa Harris Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg The Fire Child by S.K. Tremayne

Read & still to Review
The Night Stalker (DCI Erika Foster, #2) by Robert Bryndza Soldier (Talon, #3) by Julie Kagawa The Deviants by C.J. Skuse The Ex Factor by Eva Woods

Reviews Posted
Lying in Wait by Liz Nugent Every Exquisite Thing by Matthew Quick

Books Added:
The Trespasser (Dublin Murder Squad, #6) by Tana French Immortal Writers by Jill Bowers Stealing Snow (Stealing Snow, #1) by Danielle Paige

End of Month

Feedback Ratio
Books on Shelf

message 11: by Sassafrass (last edited Aug 30, 2016 03:00AM) (new)

Sassafrass (sass-a-frass) | 1142 comments 1. At the beginning of the month, post any/all of the following:
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 15

Perfectly Seduced 8/12/16
Ravage 8/5/16
Wicked Play 8/6/16
Wild Embrace 8/13/16
Connection Error 8/7/16
Wanting It All 8/12/16
Waking Olivia 8/14/16
Hollywood Hot Mess 8/21/16
The Perfect Kiss 8/26/16
Trophy Wife 8/27/16
Alexandr's Reluctant Submissive 8/28/16
Total Trainwreck 8/30/16
The Deeper He Hurts
A Sure Thing
PLAY

c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 67%

2. During the month, read the NetGalley books that you can AND update your post with your reviews. (You can do this after each book or wait until the end of the month.)
my link text

a: What books you read
c: Your updated shelf count
d: Your updated books to read
e: Your updated ratio

Books Read:

NetGalley Review

Ravage (Scarred Souls, #3) by Tillie Cole Review

Wicked Play (Part 1 of 10) by Lynda Aicher Review

Connection Error (#gaymers, #3) by Annabeth Albert Review

Perfectly Seduced (Perfectly #1) by Lacey Silks Review

Wanting It All (Naked Men #2) by Christi Barth Review

Wild Embrace (Psy-Changeling, #15.5) by Nalini Singh Review

Waking Olivia by Elizabeth O'Roark Review

Hollywood Hot Mess by Evie Claire Review

The Perfect Kiss (Kissed by the Bay #2) by Susan Hatler Review

Trophy Wife by Noelle Adams Review

Alexandr's Reluctant Submissive (Submissive's Wish, #4) by Ann Mayburn Review

Total Trainwreck (Hollywood Hot Mess, #2) by Evie Claire Review

message 12: by Elizabeth (last edited Aug 30, 2016 05:19AM) (new)

Elizabeth NetGalley Challenge > NetGalley August 2016
a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf:7

c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is:80%

a: What books you rea The Perfect Horse The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis by Elizabeth Letts d: Shadows of the Stone Benders (The Anlon Cully Chronicles, #1) by K. Patrick Donoghue , Nessie Exploring the Supernatural Origins of the Loch Ness Monster by Nick Redfern , The Body Reader by Anne Frasier
Shadows of the Stone Benders:https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

The Perfect Horse The Daring U.S. Mission to Rescue the Priceless Stallions Kidnapped by the Nazis by Elizabeth Letts :https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Nessie: Exploring the Supernatural Origins of the Loch Ness Monster: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

The Emperor of the Eight Islands (Tale of Shikanoko, #1) by Lian Hearn ( had to DNF it way too many typos in it )

The Body Reader 8/12/16 : https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

The Lost Ones by Vena Cork The Lost Ones: DNF 100% ( way to many run together words )8/17/16

No Witness But the Moon by Suzanne Chazin 8/19/16 :
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Something Wicked A Ghost Hunter Explores Negative Spirits by Debi Chestnut : 8/29/16 :
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

c: Your updated shelf count"1

d: Your updated books to read:
Bats by William W. Johnstone

e: Your updated ratio 80%

message 13: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Wow, last month I had the feeling as though I hardly had any books on shelf in comparison to other people. Now I feel like I have too many *bites lip*

Oh well, nothing for it but to read read read!

message 14: by Michelle (last edited Aug 02, 2016 09:07PM) (new)

Michelle | 465 comments Did horrible last month! But I already started two so I'll at least finish those xD

How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 16!!
What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 9%

What books are on your NG shelf:
Be Light Like a Bird by Monika Schröder Hidden (Five Fates, #1) by Amy McKinley Hatred Day (Hatred Day, #1) by T.S. Pettibone Risuko A Kunoichi Tale (Seasons of the Sword #1) by David Kudler Unicorn Tracks by Julia Ember The Complete Alice In Wonderland by Leah Moore Paper Girls, Vol. 1 by Brian K. Vaughan Buzz Books 2016 Young Adult Fall/Winter by Publishers Lunch Blood Moon (Insolita Luna #1) by M.J. O'Shea We Awaken by Calista Lynne The Last Stop by Michael H Burnam The Broken Destiny (Broken, #1) by Carlyle Labuschagne Escape to Ash Island (Generation Havoc #1) by J.H. Lucas The Story Traveler by Max Candee Between by Dora Hilburn Addicted to Love by Kathleen Murray Klosterman (DM me if anyone want to buddy read :D)

Added: 1 Stitch! Volume 1
Read: 2 (08/02)

Updated books on your NetGalley shelf: 15
Updated Netgalley feedback ratio is: 17%

Read & Reviewed: Blood Moon Review here Stitch! Volume 1 Review here

message 15: by Connie N. (last edited Sep 06, 2016 09:43AM) (new)

Connie N. | 666 comments I have a long list of books to read/review. Let's see how many of them I can get to this month:

NetGalley Challenge – August
Feedback ratio - 57% to 56%

On shelf 8/1/16 - Too many!
Read: 5
Added: 10
On Shelf 8/31/16 - More!

Titles to read in August:
Almost Forever (Austin Heroes, #2) by Kathy Clark Dirty For Me by Jackie Ashenden Full Heat A Brothers of Mayhem Novel by Carla Swafford I've Got Sand In All the Wrong Places by Lisa Scottoline Major Misconduct (Aces Hockey, #1) by Kelly Jamieson Stud for Hire (Stripped Down #1) by Sabrina York Tailored for Trouble (Happy Pants, #1) by Mimi Jean Pamfiloff Wanting It All (Naked Men #2) by Christi Barth Welcoming the Bad Boy (Hero's Welcome, #3) by Annie Rains Win Me Over (Hearts and Crafts, #2) by Nicole Michaels

Wicked Intentions
Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1) by Elizabeth Hoyt

Second Helpings at the Serve You Right Cafe
Second Helpings at the Serve You Right Café by Tilia Klebenov Jacobs

Touch & Go
Touch & Go (Dare to Love, #2) by Mira Lyn Kelly

Stacked Up
Stacked Up (Worth the Fight, #6) by Sidney Halston

Meat
Meat by Opal Carew

message 16: by Amanda (last edited Aug 01, 2016 09:23AM) (new)

Amanda (daughterofoak) | 3473 comments I did terrible last month. I read a few NG books but haven't reviewed them yet...and a few books managed to mysteriously show up on my shelf. >.>

To Read This Month:
Rival Forces (K-9 Rescue, #4) by D.D. Ayres Cursed (Beholder #1) by Christina Bauer Before the Fall by Noah Hawley How to Rescue a Rake (Book Club Belles Society, #3) by Jayne Fresina Gun to My Head by Dira Lewis Hour of Mischief by Aimee Hyndman

Finished This Month:

Still To Review (from previous months)
The Young World (The Young World, #1) by Chris Weitz
The Shadow Revolution (Crown & Key, #1) by Clay Griffith
The Irresistible Miss Peppiwell (Scandalous House of Calydon, #2) by Stacy Reid
The Haunted Pub by Melanie Tushmore
Getting It Right (Restoration #1) by A.M. Arthur
Wonderland by Rob Browatzke
The Emperor's Railroad (Dreaming Cities, #1) by Guy Haley

message 17: by [deleted user] (last edited Aug 01, 2016 10:10AM) (new)

Did anyone read the email that NetGalley sent out to all the users? If you post one review on there before August 12, you will get this beautiful badge- I already got it today without knowing.

2016 NetGalley Challenge

message 18: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Marcelina☮ wrote: "Did anyone read the email that NetGalley sent out to all the users? If you post one review on there before August 12, you will get this beautiful badge- I already got it today without knowing.

"

I already posted

message 19: by Emily (last edited Sep 01, 2016 03:38PM) (new)

message 20: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 666 comments Marcelina☮ wrote: "Did anyone read the email that NetGalley sent out to all the users? If you post one review on there before August 12, you will get this beautiful badge- I already got it today without knowing."

Yeah, I saw that. I'm 18% into my first book of the month, so I'll get that done in another couple of days and will be sure to post my review.

message 21: by Karen ⊰✿, Fiction Aficionado (new)

Karen ⊰✿ | 14753 comments Mod
Marcelina☮ wrote: "Did anyone read the email that NetGalley sent out to all the users? If you post one review on there before August 12, you will get this beautiful badge- I already got it today without knowing.

"

Nice!

message 22: by Madeline (last edited Aug 15, 2016 10:51AM) (new)

Madeline (maddyd51) | 50 comments Let's do this!

a: How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 28

b: Books on my shelf I want to read this month:

Smoke by Dan Vyleta Results May Vary by Bethany Chase A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install The A to Z of You and Me by James Hannah Magruder's Curiosity Cabinet by H.P. Wood The Lie by C.L. Taylor Goldfish by Nat Luurtsema

c: What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 68%

Reviews this month:

Smoke by Dan Vyleta Review A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install Review

message 23: by Caron (last edited Aug 05, 2016 10:55AM) (new)

Caron (diminishingthoughts) | 210 comments NetGalley Challenge: July 2016

Started with: 5 on shelf/92%

On Shelf: 4

Titles on Shelf:

The Story Traveler by Max Candee Detached by Christina Kilbourne Hockey Karma by Howard Shapiro Time in a Bottle by Kathleen D. Tresemer

Feedback Ratio: 92%

Read/Reviewed:
The Beast That Never Was by Caren J. Werlinger

message 24: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments Marcelina☮ wrote: "Did anyone read the email that NetGalley sent out to all the users? If you post one review on there before August 12, you will get this beautiful badge- I already got it today without knowing.

"

Thanks, Marcelina! I got the email, but was busy at the time and didn't read it. I probably would have forgotten to go back to it.

message 25: by [deleted user] (new)

No problem! Glad that my post served as a reminder. And I honestly think that the NetGalley challenge will be an easy accomplishment for the average user, or people like who want to challenge ourselves in this area.

message 26: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments I don't get the thing with NG badges. They didn't have a special one last month did they? Do you also get badges for number of books read? Or are they all right place right time kinda badges?

message 27: by Lara (new)

Lara | 676 comments I haven't gotten the email. But, I do have one for being a top reviewer, so that may be why.

message 28: by ♛primadonna♛ (new)

♛primadonna♛ (lavenderbird22) | 121 comments Feed Your Readers, the NetGalley Challenge

Duration: Monthly

How many books on your NetGalley shelf:375
Netgalley feedback ratio is:4%

(view spoiler)

message 29: by Danielle Gypsy Soul (last edited Aug 29, 2016 05:49PM) (new)

Danielle  Gypsy Soul (afdaniellet) How many books on your NetGalley shelf: 5

What books are on your NG shelf
Her Darkest Nightmare (The Evelyn Talbot Chronicles, #1) by Brenda Novak Shadow Falling (The Scorpius Syndrome, #2) by Rebecca Zanetti Rebellious (True Brothers MC, #2) by Gillian Archer Sparking the Fire (Hot in Chicago, #3) by Kate Meader Friendly Fire by Cari Z.

What your Netgalley feedback ratio is: 93%

End of the month:
What books you read
Sparking the Fire: Review
Her Darkest Nightmare: Review
Shadow Falling: Review
Friendly Fire: Review
Curious Minds: Review
Worked Up: Review

Your updated shelf count: 4
Your updated books to read
Rebellious (True Brothers MC, #2) by Gillian Archer Too Wild to Tame (Romancing the Clarksons, #2) by Tessa Bailey Locked and Loaded (U.S. Marshals, #5) by Mandy Baxter Blood Red Kiss (Immortals After Dark, #1; MoonBound Clan Vampires, #2.5; Otherworld Assassin, #2.5) by Kresley Cole

Your updated ratio: 95%

message 30: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments Lara wrote: "I haven't gotten the email. But, I do have one for being a top reviewer, so that may be why."

I have the top reviewer badge also and I got the email. I'm guessing maybe it's your setting for your email preferences?

message 31: by Madeline (new)

Madeline (maddyd51) | 50 comments NetGalley Review

Alrighty, one review down. Got my challenge badge!

Smoke by Dan Vyleta Review

Next up is A Robot in the Garden by Deborah Install

message 32: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 666 comments Good for you, Madeline!

message 33: by Jenn (new)

Jenn (engelsigh) | 1191 comments Start Of Month
Books on shelf: 119
Feedback Ratio: 6%

message 34: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenarrowood) | 3 comments I need something to motivate me to read/review my Netgalley books, so I am going to give this a try.

Start Of Month
Books on shelf:
Feedback Ratio:

Books finished:

Books added:

End of Month:

Books on shelf:
Feedback ratio:

message 35: by Vicki Willis (last edited Aug 28, 2016 04:20AM) (new)

Vicki Willis | 402 comments Start Of Month
Books on shelf To Read: 4
After the Lie by Kerry Fisher In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3) by Robert Dugoni Stalk Me by Richard Jay Parker Faithful by Alice Hoffman

Feedback Ratio: 50%

Books finished:
After the Lie by Kerry Fisher

Books reviewed:
After the Lie by Kerry Fisher https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

Books added:

End of Month
Books on shelf To Read:
In the Clearing (Tracy Crosswhite, #3) by Robert Dugoni Stalk Me by Richard Jay Parker Faithful by Alice Hoffman

Feedback ratio: 63%

message 36: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments I picked up Rebalance Your Relationship with Food Reassuring recipes and nutritional support for positive, confident eating by Emma Bacon yesterday and already read it. Just need to review.

message 37: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 666 comments Karen wrote: "I need something to motivate me to read/review my Netgalley books, so I am going to give this a try."

That's the idea in theory, Karen, but basically we're all enabling each other when we order more in a month than we review!

message 38: by Kristie (last edited Aug 04, 2016 01:45PM) (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments Completed my review of Rebalance Your Relationship with Food Reassuring recipes and nutritional support for positive, confident eating by Emma Bacon and received my challenge badge! 2016 NetGalley Challenge

NetGalley Review

Rebalance Your Relationship with Food

message 39: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2628 comments Connie N. wrote: "Karen wrote: "I need something to motivate me to read/review my Netgalley books, so I am going to give this a try."

That's the idea in theory, Karen, but basically we're all enabling each other wh..."

Yep. Since starting in August I've added three new books to my shelf and finished none.

Is anyone else finding NetGalley particularly evil at the moment? I seem to be getting a couple of emails a day and today a publisher sent me widgets for two more books

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

Alison wrote: "Connie N. wrote: "Karen wrote: "I need something to motivate me to read/review my Netgalley books, so I am going to give this a try."

That's the idea in theory, Karen, but basically we're all enab..."

Yep, I think that NetGalley has at least sent 2 or 3 emails out so far this month. I don't like ads, I don't like when companies/websites constantly send out these types of emails. So there's being so evil ^-^ that it's hard for me to not be tempted and resist the requesting of more and more books. :/

message 41: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments I'm currently thankful I seem to have opted out of their emails without realising it.

message 42: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Amanda wrote: "I did terrible last month. I read a few NG books but haven't reviewed them yet...and a few books managed to mysteriously show up on my shelf. >.>

To Read This Month:
Gun to My Head by Dira Lewis

Oh hey Amanda, I knew that cover looked familiar, but I just realised it's one of the books released from my publisher! Awesome :D

message 43: by Nicole (last edited Aug 04, 2016 11:40PM) (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments NetGalley Review

New review for When The Moon Was Ours. https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

I only have 10 more books on my shelf than I have sent feedback for in total! >.<

message 44: by Lara (new)

Lara | 676 comments NetGalley Review

I reviewed Shadow Falling (The Scorpius Syndrome, #2) by Rebecca Zanetti and am really enjoying this series (this is book 2). https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

However, when I went to post my review I found I had been approved for two more books!

message 45: by Connie N. (new)

Connie N. | 666 comments Alison wrote: "Is anyone else finding NetGalley particularly evil at the moment? I seem to be getting a couple of emails a day and today a publisher sent me widgets for two more books"

I know, right? It's those widgets that are evil. They make it way too easy to add them to my list.

message 46: by Alison (new)

Alison (a1ison74) | 2628 comments Got another NetGalley email today. Read now for the first 200 members. I was strong and resisted :)

I also finished a book today. Just need to write the review now.

message 47: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth so made , had to DNF The Emperor of the Eight Islands (Tale of Shikanoko, #1) by Lian Hearn because of way too many typos, whoever was to check it didn't do their job very well.

message 48: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Field (nicolefield) | 1778 comments Uhh that's difficult when that happens :( But thanks for the heads up.

message 49: by Elizabeth (new)

Elizabeth Nicole wrote: "Uhh that's difficult when that happens :( But thanks for the heads up."

your Welcome, I think the books out to buy, but still I'll not sure if I want to go and buy it if the ARC has way too many typos in it, some of them looked like this +-1 then the name or was part of the sentence

message 50: by Kristie (new)

Kristie | 3323 comments If it's already out, maybe you can get it from the library, Elizabeth?

« previous 1 3 4