SSG: Spy/Spec-Ops Group discussion

The Chemist (Daniel Strong #1)
This topic is about The Chemist
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Chemist: Danny Strong Series - Book 1

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alan (new) - added it

Alan Field (alanjfieldbooks) | 12 comments Gritty Espionage Thriller in New York City
312 kindle pages

I have penned my first novel after having practiced law for over 20 years.
I just published it this week on amazon.com as a kindle only release, but you can read it for free on wattpad.com.

Below is the synopsis.

Da Vinci, Oppenheimer, Kalashnikov: All men throughout history who've brought weapons of mass destruction into our world. But now they all take a backseat to a Devil in Tory Burch flats.

Dr. Katelyn Carrie, a young heroin-addicted prodigy-who's just created the most powerful chemical weapon this world has ever known--is CIA operative Daniel Strong's latest mark. Drug rehab counselor by day, the ex-Delta Force veteran has to manipulate her into revealing the deadly neurotoxin's secret formula and location in New York before it is sold to the highest bidder.

The chemist's employer, imperious cosmetic industry queen Vanessa Carrie--who's also Kate's adopted mother-needs to save her company from an imminent financial meltdown.

The problem: Kate has hidden the vials from her and won't give them back.

A Palestinian terrorist, known only by his sobriquet, Sabir, is prepared and willing to use his well-honed torture methods to get the formula from her.

Danny sees this assignment as a chance to revive his career and help Kate overcome the same demons that he experienced years earlier. The Agency cast him aside because of his own heroin dependency brought on by his wife's tragic in Afghanistan by friendly fire.

The stakes are raised when he learns that the employer's security chief may have been responsible for his wife's demise.

Danny must walk a fine line between the quest to find the truth and feelings for the chemist that could compromise the operation's objective.

Alan J. Field

message 2: by Feliks, Moderator (new)

Feliks (dzerzhinsky) | 1179 comments Mod
Hallo

I can't find this book on Goodreads; so I can't do much to promote it within this reader's group. Everything depends on working 'links' to the cover, author, author website, book title, etc

Let me know when this is all established!

Dzerzh

message 3: by Alan (new) - added it

Alan Field (alanjfieldbooks) | 12 comments Hmmh. I thought it was there. I will investigate. Thanks.

message 4: by Alan (new) - added it

Alan Field (alanjfieldbooks) | 12 comments I looks like it is there. Did you do a search for "The Chemist"? It is on the second page.

message 5: by Feliks, Moderator (new)

hey there,

Yes. I searched 'The Chemist'; I searched 'Danny Strong'; I searched 'The Chemist: Danny Strong'; I searched 'Danny Strong #1' and I searched 'The Chemist Danny Strong #1'

Will try again in a little while. Your author page is all filled out fully, I see--good job!

message 6: by Alan (new) - added it

Alan Field (alanjfieldbooks) | 12 comments Can't understand why it doesn't come up in your search?

message 7: by Feliks, Moderator (new)

Dunno.

You should try logging out of the site and performing the search. Maybe as an author, you are always getting correctly directed to your own works; but the rest of us may not be...

message 8: by Alan (new) - added it

Alan Field (alanjfieldbooks) | 12 comments Ok

message 9: by Alan (new) - added it

Alan Field (alanjfieldbooks) | 12 comments The best search terms would be "the chemist alan".

message 10: by Alan (new) - added it

Alan Field (alanjfieldbooks) | 12 comments Hi Dzerzh,

I am ready to post the announcement. I wrote s leaner synopsis and I have a press release ready to go. In it, I pledge to donate 20% of book profits to Doctors Without Borders. Hopefully, some of that money will go to ISIS victims in Syria.

As for links, I typed in The Chemist and mine came up fifth.

Are there more links I need?

Reviews are due in next week.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.