YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls, #2)
This topic is about Awake at Dawn
BUDDY READ:Paranormal/Fantasy > Awake at Dawn (Shadow Falls #2) by C.C. Hunter - Starting August 7th 2016

Comments Showing 1-50 of 56 (56 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 85336 comments Mod
Step into the world of Shadow Falls, a camp that helps teens tap into their special... talents. Once you visit, you’ll never forget it—and you’ll never, ever be the same.

From the moment Kylie Galen arrived at Shadow Falls Camp, she’s had one burning question: What am I? Surrounded by vampires, werewolves, shape-shifters, fairies and witches, Kylie longs to figure out her own supernatural identity…and what her burgeoning powers mean. And now she’ll need them more than ever, because she’s being haunted by a new spirit who insists that someone Kylie knows—and loves—will die before the end of the summer. If only she only knew who she was supposed to save. And how...

But giving Kylie the most trouble is her aching heart. Gorgeous werewolf Lucas left camp with another girl, but he’s still visiting Kylie in her dreams. And Derek, a sexy half Fae who’s always been there for her when she needed him, is pushing to get more serious—and growing impatient, especially when Lucas returns. Kylie knows she needs to decide between the boys, and it’s tearing her up inside.

Yet romance will have to wait, because something from the dark side of the supernatural world is hiding in Shadow Falls. It’s about to threaten everything she holds dear... and bring her closer to her destiny.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments Let me know when you guys start this.

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments I'm going to start tonight because I might not have time tomorrow as it's my bfs birthday. Are we doing 50 pages or more?

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments We can try for 100 but if you only have time to do 50 that's fine.

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments I'll do 50 tonight for sure. we can bump it up after if that works out for everyone :)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments (view spoiler)

What do you guys think?

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments I will be a few days behind. Trying to make my way through And I Darken and it's boring now and i'm only 47% done :/

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments I still like this so far the 2nd time around.

(view spoiler)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments Sorry that I just completely dropped off there! I'm up to page 83 I think, but I'll do some reading tonight. so sorry guys!

(view spoiler)

I'll try to get to 150 tonight. I don't know where you are Hannah, but I didn't mean to leave you hanging!

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments Don't feel bad I'm only up to page 70 something. I got behind on my reading.

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments Lol, as long as I'm not the only one! I'm up to page 95 right now.

(view spoiler)

I will try to get through more tonight. I've just been really swamped with work these last few days. If you want, Hannah, we can wait to see if Brooke can join us, or I can get myself caught up! :) Whichever you think.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments I ended on page 103. Just let me know when you read more. I figured you and I can keep reading. When she is ready she can jump in.

(view spoiler)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments Awesome! I'll read more tonight. I'm aiming for 50 pages tonight, but I'll let you know where I stop. :)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments So I stopped at 150 or there abouts.

(view spoiler)

I'll try to do more reading tonight, but I think right now 50 pages at a time is about what I'm managing, give or take.

message 15: by ☆☆Hannah☆☆ (last edited Aug 12, 2016 10:14AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments I'm not going to spoil too much for you but I will tell you that your questions will be answered. However, not in this book though. You won't find out what she is until thd end of book 4. It was frustrating for me the first time through too.

Nikki | 2416 comments I completely forgot I was meant to read this, I'll get started on it tonight :)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments Ack! The end of book four?! Jeez, that gets dragged put way farther than I'd have liked, but at least we eventually fins out. And I can stop expecting it in this one. Sigh. Oh well.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments I know it sucks but when you find out it should make sense as to why it took so long.

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments I guess I'll have to take it because now I'm invested in the series! I found the other books for cheap, so I suppose I'll have to just finish the series and find out what's going to happen. Also, I haven't read anything more for tonight, but I'll get something done tomorrow!

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments Stopped on page 200.

(view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments Up to chapter 10
(view spoiler)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments Nikki wrote: "Up to chapter 10...

I think Kylie standing up for and to Perry was one of my favorite moments! And I go back and forth between liking Della. She is so moody.

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments I'm caught up to you now.

(view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments Up to chapter 33
(view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments Finished
(view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments Are we all going to be reading the next one in the series together?

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments If you guys want. I picked up the other books, so I wouldn't mind if everyone is up for it... and I really want to know what she is lol.

Hannah, (view spoiler)

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments We might as well finish the series together. We've come this far.

Nikki | 2416 comments E. C. wrote: "If you guys want. I picked up the other books, so I wouldn't mind if everyone is up for it... and I really want to know what she is lol.

Hannah, [spoilers removed]"

and yes i really want to know what she is too lol

when do we all want to start the next one?

Nikki | 2416 comments E. C. wrote: "If you guys want. I picked up the other books, so I wouldn't mind if everyone is up for it... and I really want to know what she is lol.

Hannah, [spoilers removed]"

have to say
(view spoiler)

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments Hannah, I'm at chapter 28 (page 311 in my copy).

(view spoiler)

Nikki, idk. Lets see when everyone finishes this one, yeah?

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments 14%
(view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments 31%
(view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments 65%
(view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments 86%
(view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments Ending Thoughts
(view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments I have book 3 ladies, whenever you're ready :D

Nikki | 2416 comments Brooke wrote: "14%
[spoilers removed]"

i thought that
(view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments Brooke wrote: "Ending Thoughts
[spoilers removed]"

oh good its not just me
(view spoiler)

Nikki | 2416 comments I only read over the weekends so can start this weekend but I'll happily wait until everyone's finished with it

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments Nikki wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Ending Thoughts
[spoilers removed]"

oh good its not just me
[spoilers removed]"

I HATE love triangles like crazy, so it's okay :D

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments Nikki wrote: "I only read over the weekends so can start this weekend but I'll happily wait until everyone's finished with it"

I'll be reading 3 and 4 this weekend, i leave for a 3wk business trip next Tuesday so i need to get as much done as i can, so my luggage is 85% books :D

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments I will catch up to you E.C. tomorrow. I spent today finishing up another book.

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments Hannah, sounds good. :)

Nikki | 2416 comments Brooke wrote: "Nikki wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Ending Thoughts
[spoilers removed]"

oh good its not just me
[spoilers removed]"

I HATE love triangles like crazy, so it's okay :D"

Oh good so I'm not being unreasonable lol everyone usually loves them but me I'm like really? Can you love either character if you allow yourself to fall in love again? Duh

Nikki | 2416 comments Brooke wrote: "Nikki wrote: "I only read over the weekends so can start this weekend but I'll happily wait until everyone's finished with it"

I'll be reading 3 and 4 this weekend, i leave for a 3wk business trip..."

If I went on business trips I'd probably be the same lol although I'd just pack my iPad full of ebooks instead lol. So what books have made it to the suitcase?

☆☆Hannah☆☆ | 5961 comments I'm now caught up.

(view spoiler)

Brooke ♥booklife4life♥ (booklife4life) | 4975 comments Nikki wrote: "Brooke wrote: "Nikki wrote: "I only read over the weekends so can start this weekend but I'll happily wait until everyone's finished with it"

I'll be reading 3 and 4 this weekend, i leave for a 3w..."

I haven't even started packing yet XD i usually wait til the night before, i do better under pressure, haha.

Nikki | 2416 comments Brooke I'm the same lol I just can't find the motivation to pack until I really need to lol

E. C. McRoy (ecmcroy) | 127 comments Hannah wrote: "I'm now caught up.

[spoilers removed]"

(view spoiler)

Want to try and finish the book for tonight or tomorrow?

« previous 1