Goodreads Ireland discussion

Distress Signals
This topic is about Distress Signals
Previous Quarterly Reads > Aug-Oct: Distress Signals

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Emma Flanagan (emma89) This is the discussion thread for our August - October quarterly group read Distress Signals by Catherine Ryan Howard

message 2: by Emma (last edited Jul 30, 2016 12:04AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Flanagan (emma89) I picked this up on kindle (UK) for 99p. For anyone in Ireland Easons have it on one of their buy one get one half price deals. Looked like it was in their bestsellers list too.

Maria Hill AKA MH Books (mariahilldublin) | 601 comments Got it from Kindle and really cheap from audible as well. Thanks.

Maria Hill AKA MH Books (mariahilldublin) | 601 comments 60% of the way through. Every chapter leaves you wanting more but its time to discover Berlin now. No cruise ships on the Spree though just in case :)

message 5: by Jon (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jon Kelly | 8 comments Enjoyed this leisurely paced thriller. It wasn't particularly challenging, but the main character was a joy to follow in his mysterious quest to find his missing partner. Well written and extremely entertaining. I wouldn't have picked this up usually, so thanks for the recommendation.

Margo I started this today and so far it's intriguing. I like the laid back style.

Lorraine | 152 comments I've just finished The Door for our monthly read so I'm hoping this week be a fast paced thriller.

Margo I've just finished this one. Not a bad mystery story. Somewhere between 3 and 4 stars.

Maria Hill AKA MH Books (mariahilldublin) | 601 comments This was a great summer read for me. The mystery was entertaining.

message 10: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Flanagan (emma89) The spoiler thread is now open. https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 11: by Tara (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tara | 118 comments Enjoying this fast, thrilling read - started yesterday and nearly finished so looking forward to joining the spoiler thread soon.

message 12: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Flanagan (emma89) Started this yesterday and pretty well into it. So far it's certainly gripping and not particularly challenging. It's hard to see how all the strands will come together or if they will at all. It is a debut novel so I won't be shocked if it all falls apart towards the end.

Michele (michelebrouder) | 1 comments I thought this was a breezy summer read in that it was suspenseful and well-paced.

message 14: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Flanagan (emma89) Finished this last night. I'll shall try share my thoughts over the weekend once I've time to think and write.

message 15: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Flanagan (emma89) When your finished be sure to post your thoughts in the spoiler thread. The link is above.

message 16: by Emma (new) - rated it 3 stars

Emma Flanagan (emma89) For anyone interested here is an article from the Irish Times by Catherine Ryan Howard on finally being published. http://www.irishtimes.com/culture/boo...

Marcia | 437 comments I finally read this book. I really liked it. I found it to be a cliff hanger as it had lots of twists. I found the ending totally unexpected. Thank you for nominating this book.