Fans of Eloisa James & Julia Quinn discussion

Eloisa James
This topic is about Eloisa James
Introductions > Eloisa James Newbie...Help

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kate (new)

Kate Rothery Hello everyone, my name is Kate and I am a 22 year old Geordie and newbie here to the lovely Eloisa James and Julia Quinn community you all have going hear.

I have managed to make my way through every single Julia Quinn novel in the past two years and they are all proudly sitting on my book shelf in my room awaiting number two in the Rokesbys series. Until that time comes I have been itching for a new period romance writer to fill the void, that Sir Harry Valentine, Gareth St. Clair, and Collin Bridgerton leave in my life when I have to put there respective books down (for at least the 11th time). I have been scouting out Eloisa Jame for a while now and have herd such good things, but with so many books and series to choose from I am a little lost I have to say. Does anyone have any recommendations for a newbie to her work?

PS. I am generally all for a kick ass heroine like Kate and Hyacinth (something Elizabeth Bennet instilled in me)
PPS. But not really a fan of love triangles.

message 2: by Rachel (new)

Rachel Hill | 487 comments One of my personal favorites is eloisa james - when beauty tamed the beast.

message 3: by Manda (new)

Manda Collins (manda_collins) | 1925 comments Mod
Hi Kate! Welcome to the group! You really can't go wrong with any Eloisa James book but she does tend to do connected stories so I understand your trepidation.

I usually recommend Much Ado About You to newcomers to Eloisa who are looking for a good Regency set story .

But you could also try any of the Fairy Tale stories (A Kiss at Midnight is my personal favorite, with When Beauty Tamed the Beast at a close second.)

Or if you're in the mood for a Georgian with a large cast of characters, you could try Desperate Duchesses. (It starts the series that ends with one of my all time favorite heroes--Villiers. But you have to read them all for the full effect.)

Short answer is you really can't go wrong wherever you start.

message 4: by Theresa (new)

Theresa Romain | 420 comments Hi, Kate, and welcome! You've got a lot of great reading ahead of you.

One of my favorites by EJ is the serial novel With This Kiss. All three parts are now available, and IIRC it's not part of any of her larger series. That might be a good place to dive in too. Or as Manda and Rachel say, the fairy-tale books. When Beauty Tamed the Beast is my fav of those.

message 5: by Kate (new)

Kate Rothery Thanks so much for everyone's suggestions. I have done a bit more research based on them and I think I am going to go with a few of the fairytale based ones to start with! I'm exited to read the one based on beauty and the beast, it being my favourite Disney of all time. Thank you all again! Xx