YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Mega Month Challenge Archive > Team Talus (M) - Chat ✔

Comments Showing 1-50 of 128 (128 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Katrina (last edited Jul 31, 2016 12:18PM) (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Katrina✓
Nicole✓
Aly✓
Carolyn✓

Comment here to check in :)

message 2: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Do you guys have a preferance for which puzzle we do first? I was kinda thinking we should choose 16 but I want to hear from you guys first :)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments 16's fine with me. Checking in :)

message 4: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Checking in :)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments What are you guys reading first?

message 6: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'll be starting off with My Lady Jane by Cynthia Hand . It's a buddy read, so I'll be able to guess a vowel with the extra guess since there isn't one in the title

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Ohhh! I heard so many great things about that book! Let me know how it goes.

I'm starting with either Everneathe or Stormglass or both lol. Both are buddy reads. Well everneathe's GBR. Does that count as a BR still?

message 8: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments Nicole wrote: "Ohhh! I heard so many great things about that book! Let me know how it goes.

I'm starting with either Everneathe or Stormglass or both lol. Both are buddy reads. Well everneathe's GBR. Does that ..."

Yep, All GBR's count as regular buddy reads for all challenges. :)

message 9: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Nicole wrote: "Ohhh! I heard so many great things about that book! Let me know how it goes.

I'm starting with either Everneathe or Stormglass or both lol. Both are buddy reads. Well everneathe's GBR. Does that ..."

I got it in my owlcrate, so I'm excited to start reading it finally.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Thanks Abbie!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments @Katrine Nice! Let me know how it goes. I just started my owlcrate subscription. I'm getting my first one in August. I'm super excited! Any ideas of what the book will be?

So we're still waiting on one person right? Any idea where Carolyn is?

message 12: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Checking in

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Yay! Glad to have you Carolyn! What are you reading first?

message 14: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I am reading Glass Sword. Sorry I was late. I haven't been available today or yesterday. Traveling with no way to check GR. Glass Sword is not a buddy read.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments No prob. You're here now. That's all that counts.

message 16: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Has anyone posted what we have to guess?

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments I'm not sure. I think Katrina was waiting for everyone to answer but I know she wanted to do number 16.

Are you guys okay with that? I'm fine with 16.

message 18: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments What is number 16?

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments It's just a random number. I just looked up the rules and I guess we choose a random number then they give us the word associated with that number. I don't know where to post the number though. There's a thread for available numbers but it's currently frozen, so people can't make posts on it. I think it's because the challenge hasn't started yet.

message 20: by Abbie (new)

Abbie | 27856 comments The titles you all guess are numbered, so the numbers you choose will be the title you'll get. You post your number on your review thread. :)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments @Abbie That makes sense. Thank
You for clearing that up!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Is everyone ok with number 16? I'll post it if you guys are ok with 16.

message 23: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments I'm fine with that

message 24: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I'm fine with it.

message 25: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'm about half way through with My Lady Jane. But I have to get ready for work, so I won't be able to finish it until tomorrow :-/

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Im almost done with Ice Kissed then I'm gonna push to finish Everneathe tonight too.

message 27: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I am almost half way done with Glass Sword. You guys with the BR, when you get an extra vowel, don't guess A. The author of Glass Sword is Victoria Aveyard.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Lol everneathe's author is Brodi Ashton. So we won't need a at all. We won't need a, e or I for vowels. I just finished ice kissed which is by Amanda hocking. So many A's I'll have review up tonight.

What letters do you guys think we should request for the extra letter?

message 29: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments T would be a good bet. It's the most used letter in the alphabet after the letter E

message 30: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments And on a side note. My team won when we did this challenge last year. If someone has posted a review, it's a good idea to wait until we see where the letters fit before posting another one. There were some puzzles we were able to figure out with just two letters in them, and it was what helped us solve so many since we had a lot of books available to guess letters with. We don't have to necessarily do it that way, but I thought I would just throw it out there.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Sounds like a good idea. So we should wait to choose the extra letter or to post the review? I'm a little confused.

message 32: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Say you finished your book first. If it's a buddy read then you get an extra letter. So you post your review with the two letters. But then if I have my book finished after that, I would wait to post my review until the thread was updated to see if we could guess the puzzle or if we needed more letters. I hope that makes sense. I feel like I'm not explaining it well lol

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments No that makes sense. So who's gonna post their review first. Sorry I can't post mine tonight. I need to sleep because I gotta get up early for work but I'll definitely have it up tomorrow.

message 34: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I say either you or Carolyn since you guys have vowels you can use.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Mmk. I probably won't be able to post mine until after work tomorrow which is evening pst time which good reads time. So I guess it's whoever gets to post first.

message 36: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments Guys, I'm sorry if this is a personal question. But do you live in US? I feel like we are on different time zones.

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Yep. I'm on PST time zone which is also the goodreads time zone if it makes it easier.

message 38: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments Carolyn wrote: "Guys, I'm sorry if this is a personal question. But do you live in US? I feel like we are on different time zones."

I live in Arizona

message 39: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I went ahead and posted my reivew. I don't think the letters are going to do much to help, so if someone finishes a book with vowels I think we should go ahead and use it.

message 40: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I live in South Carolina.

message 41: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments I'm in Ohio

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments I'm in Washington State.

I just wrote my reviews. Which one do you guys want me to post first?

Everneath by Brodi Ashton
or
Ice Kissed by Amanda Hocking

message 43: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I doesn't matter to me.

message 44: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments What do we want the fairy letter to be?

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments I'm not good at these but maybe S, L or N? I don't know...those are common letters in words right?

message 46: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I'll go ahead and answer with N. Hopefully that will give us something

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Any guesses so far? I have everneath ready to be posted. Do we want e or a? What letter should we get for the extra letter?

message 48: by ❤ Aly ❤ (new)

❤ Aly ❤ | 3591 comments Idk it yet. I might once we get a couple more letters.

message 49: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn Elaine | 2257 comments I say E. And for the extra letter, either an S, or R.

message 50: by Katrina (new)

Katrina | 4382 comments I agree with Carolyn

« previous 1 3
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.