Dead in a Mumbai Minute (Reema Ray #2)
This topic is about Dead in a Mumbai Minute
Book of the Month Discussions > BOTM August 2016 Discussion

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sharadha (new)

Sharadha Jayaraman (jayaras) | 338 comments Mod
Hi members,

We'll utilise this thread to discuss the August BOTM (Dead in a Mumbai Minute) on this thread. Please do make sure that you have read the rules beforehand.

Looking forward to your enthusiastic participation!

Blurb:
A private island, a bottle of ridiculously expensive wine, a late-night party hosted by a glamorous diva … for Reema Ray, this is not a taste of the good life -- it’s a matter of life or death.

As a private detective in Calcutta she had impressed maverick security expert Shayak Gupta with her sleuthing skills, leading to a new job with his firm Titanium. Now in Mumbai she is given the case of the year – the murder of Ashutosh Dhingre, former assistant to fading Bollywood superstar Kimaaya Kapoor.

The location of the crime is Kimaaya’s private island. The suspects – her house guests, and Kimaaya herself!

Reema learns of Kimaaya’s prior relationship with Shayak, and can’t help but think it is a conflict of interest. Equally puzzling is Shayak’s repeated absence. And what of the continuing attraction simmering between her and her secretive boss?

Despite the state-of-the-art facilities at Titanium, Reema is soon back to her own devices – which sometimes involves cooking up something for a spot of culinary meditation – to get to the bottom of a crime that points to a deep and sinister plot.

As the body count increases, can Reema crack the case before more blood is spilled?

Indrani will be leading the discussions. I may not be active for this month's read due to family commitments, but I'll peek into this thread often! :-)

Happy reading :)

Indrani Sen | 80 comments So are we all geared up for this one? book ready, looking at calendar? :)

Indrani Sen | 80 comments I have already read the book. Looking forward to the discussions here. Anyone starting soon?

message 4: by Sharadha (new)

Starting this today - really excited :D :D Anyone else going to join in?

message 5: by Jenish (new) - added it

Jenish Tailor Starting by the weekend :)

Indrani Sen | 80 comments Super!! Looking forward to hear your thoughts.

message 7: by Sharadha (new)

I have started with this, finished a few pages and have liked it so far - reading for the first time of a Bollywood star who has purchased a private island (does this really happen though?).. Like the equation between Reema and Shayak.

I wanted to clarify though - can this be read as a standalone (because it is the second book in the series) or is it continuation from the first book?

Indrani Sen | 80 comments Sharadha wrote: "I have started with this, finished a few pages and have liked it so far - reading for the first time of a Bollywood star who has purchased a private island (does this really happen though?).. Like ..."

The Reema and Sayak saga continues from the first book. But I think this is definitely a stand-alone. The mystery has no connection to the one in book one.

message 9: by Sharadha (new)

All right, thanks Indrani. I'm progressing quite slowly with this one as I've barely got any time to read this week :-( I'm reading through Reema's first day at work and am getting goose pimples conjuring up hers and Shayak's introductory scene :D :D