Stephen King Fans discussion

The Dark Tower Series: Books 1-7
This topic is about The Dark Tower Series
Dark Tower Series > SPOILER question regarding Odetta Holmes

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy Marie (new)

Amy Marie (amymarieb) | 7 comments This whole question has SPOILERS about the whole series, really.

I just finished reading the whole series for what was either the 3rd or 4th time, I have lost count. And for the first time, it dawned on me to wonder about Odetta/Detta/Susannah's origins. Did she come from Keystone Earth?? I guess since Eddie and Jake didn't come from Keystone Earth, I assumed she didn't either.

If she did come from Keystone Earth, then the Jack Mort who pushed her is not the same Jack Mort who pushed Jake. Which doesn't bother me much......we have already met 2 different Jakes from 2 different worlds......somehow the different levels of the tower are connected, and yet also different.

But on Keystone Earth, we know from Moses Carver that Odetta went missing many years earlier. In all of their planning to begin the Tet Corporation and protect the Rose, there is never any question about whether or not Odetta might not still be alive in that version of Earth. They assume that they are going to need to have John Cullum convince Mose Carver that she is still alive. And that is in fact how it plays out.

SO.......does that mean Odetta came from Keystone Earth?? And if not.......where did that Odetta go???

message 2: by Wise Cat (new)

Wise Cat (wisecat) | 103 comments You raise a good point----I never thought of that! But then this series had my head spinning, LOL.

It was amazing but there was so much going on, so many characters, many worlds, many points in time, etc.

Food for thought----Hopefully others will have a theory but I'm lost, LOL.

message 3: by Miljan (new)

Miljan Tanić (mtanic) | 18 comments Amy wrote: "This whole question has SPOILERS about the whole series, really.

I just finished reading the whole series for what was either the 3rd or 4th time, I have lost count. And for the first time, it daw..."

I think many people, like me, didn't understand the question, and hence not many answers... what exactly is the problem? They're in 1999, Odetta went missing in 1963, hence they assume she died... And do we know FOR SURE that Eddie and Jake didn't come from Keystone Earth?

But all in all, I think this is just, like many other things, a glitch in King's Matrix.