2022 Reading Challenge discussion

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child: Parts One and Two (Harry Potter, #8)
This topic is about Harry Potter and the Cursed Child
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVE 2016 > Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by Jack Thorne & JK Rowling

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments This thread is to discuss Jack Thorne and JK Rowling's Harry Potter and the Cursed Child.

***Please remember to mark spoilers.***

Participants:
Lindsay, Rachael, Radka, Caro, Taylor R

message 2: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 5832 comments Suggested break down of reading so that you can check in and let us know how you're going. The following breakdown is purely a suggestion and is therefore not set in stone.

Rather than putting dates for each section I've done it so that it takes into account that not everybody will necessarily have the book at the same time.

Week 1: 80 pages
Week 2: 80 pages
Week 3: 80 pages
Week 4: 80 pages

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) | 3359 comments I cannot wait for this! I will be picking up my copy on Sunday :)

Lindsay | 1327 comments I have read more than the first two weeks suggested reading since I started this last night. It is a really quick read but it's so lovely to be reunited with these old friends.

Rachael (allons-y-bookworm) | 3359 comments Confession: I started this yesterday and I could not stop. I have now finished the book. I thought it was excellent. My thoughts are here in my review. Apologies, for not really treating this as a buddy read, it was just so good.

Caro (karopi) | 992 comments Rachael wrote: "Confession: I started this yesterday and I could not stop. I have now finished the book. I thought it was excellent. My thoughts are here in my review. Apologies, for not really treating this as a ..."

Don't appologize... I was quite busy yesterday so have to stop a few times and finished today....

Is a very fast read since is the sript for the teathere, the pages go very fast, but so it always happen to me with every book in the Harry Potter saga.

I like all of them, but never the endings, nevertheless this time I kind of like it more. Not sure if it was J.K. Rowling or the others authors hand. I had never read her other works so I can't point out who to congratulate.

Since some people didn't read it yet I will not start to throw spoilers, the only thing that i will say is that I really like to see all the characters back, also here we get a better background of their past and what their life became after Voldemort's death. I wanted to know more about other characters, but I guess that this being a play did not had enough room for that. Nevertheless I am curious how some of the scenes had been made in theatre. I will love to see it live...

Taylor C | 454 comments I forgot we were doing this and I already finished it... in one night lol. I LOVED it! I'm completely ok with discussing it though. :)

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.