Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry discussion

The castle > Library

Comments Showing 1-50 of 111 (111 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 2: by Mahima (last edited Aug 01, 2016 09:06AM) (new)

Mahima Pradhan Emma took a tour of her most favourite section of the school, the library. It was simply huge! Thousands of books with yellowed pages sat in the shelves, waiting to be read. "Ah!" she said, as she found a book called 'Ilvermorny-A History'.

Do not forget to mail us what you learn about the school, sweety!

Her mother had said so. Emma felt like mailing her parents the whole book! She kept this thought aside as, it was, for obvious reasons, against school rules. She started reading and soon got engrossed in it.

message 3: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Astra  (sayomina) | 746 comments Mod
Ilvermorny was certainly an interesting place and Tim was glad that so far he had been able to avoid Damian knowing he was here, though then again Hogwarts students only arrived an hour ago. Tim had gone straight to the library like you would expect from any Ravenclaw while he awaited dorm assignments.

message 4: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom (ravenpawclaw) | 216 comments Mod
Ivy (I want to put Ivypaw padded into the apprentices den or something lol) walked calmly back to her chair in the library, she had just picked out another book, this one on Ilvermorny history. She decided to compare it to that of Hogwarts.

message 5: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim already knew about Ilvermorny history because of the research they had done when Damian got his letter. He grabbed a book on American mythical creatures and sat next to Ivy "Hey"

message 6: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

"Hey," Ivy muttered, only half aware of what she was saying and to whom. The rest of her mind was pouring over page after page of the book, the History of Ilvermorny, by Shane Pigg (random name).

message 7: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"I see you're reading the Ilvermorny history. It's interesting how the house names came to be" Tim commented as he opened up to a random page in his book

message 8: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

"Mm hm," Ivy said absently, still reading

message 9: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"Huh, I never realized how dangerous Pukwudgie could be." Tim said to himself. "Glad Damian wasn't sorted into that house"

message 10: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

"Yeah," Ivy nodded, still not paying attention.

message 11: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim suddenly looked up from his book then pushed Ivy onto the floor. He accidentally ended on top of her, blushing deeply. "Uh... sorry about that..." He quickly stood up and looked at the wall behind where his head and Ivy's had been where there were now three shurikens

message 12: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

Ivy blushed something furious (is that the saying? She isn't mad though), her face turning as red as a tomato. "It's fine," she said, sitting up again, picking up her precious book and resuming her reading, this time her knuckles turning white with how hard she was gripping the book.

message 13: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim grabbed the shurikens then sighed. "Sorry about that. My brother and I don't get along..."

message 14: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

"Oh, sorry..." She trailed off awkwardly. "Me and my sister don't either," she laughed nervously. "We get in arguments all the time!"

message 15: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim smiled. "I know that feeling." He looked down a bit, remembering how even though they got into fights sometimes, Jason and him had still been best friends.

message 16: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

Ivy was too immersed in reading to notice Tim's downcast face. She buried her nose into the book and a glint of interest sparked in her eyes as she read that one of Ilvermorny's greatest witches was named Ivy.

message 17: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim caught a knife that had been thrown. He sighed before sitting back down to go back to reading.

message 18: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

Ivy looked up as Tim started reading. "Sorry? What'd you say? There was a famous witch named Ivy and I wanted to read more about her. She trained dangerous animals and was actually known to have trained one of the most-" she cut off when she remember why she was talking at all. "Sorry."

message 19: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"No, it's fine. You're a Ravenclaw. We all do that frequently" TIm said laughing a bit

message 20: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

"True," Ivy laughed along "I tend to get distracted by my books. I think there's a magic in them that makes them so interesting."

message 21: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"Each book has a unique story" Tim said nodding

message 22: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

"Yeah. That's why they never get old. There's so many different stories," she agreed. "So what are you reading?"

message 23: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"American mythical creatures. I thought if this tournament is anything like the ones in the past that It might be a good idea to read up on American creatures" TIm shrugged

message 24: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

"Good idea. I think that there might be a time when I need to know who Ivy Smith was," she laughed jokingly. "Maybe I can read one of her books to find out about animals though," she nodded thoughtfully, and went to find one.

message 25: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"I think I'm reading one of her books" Tim said, looking at the cover

message 26: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

"Oh? Is it good?" Ivy asked with interest.

message 27: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

"It's quite detailed" Tim said.

message 28: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

"Good," Ivy skipped off to find a book by her.

message 29: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim chuckled and dodged another knife. "Damian" He said sighing. Damian shuffled over. "Took you long enough to pay attention to me Drake"

message 30: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

Ivy pulled a book off a shelf, 'Magical Creatures of Interest to the Adventures' by Ivy Smith. She decided to read it and took note of its place on the self. Then she began to walk back to where she was sitting with Tim. She heard another voice. (Wait, was he actually CATCHING KNIFES?)

message 31: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

((Tim caught one of the two knives thrown))

"So let me guess you're here because you want to use this time to help me get over my fears," Tim said. "Spot on Watson" Damian remarked

message 32: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

Ivy held back behind the shelf, listening a little. She wasn't much of an eavesdropper. No. She was. A lot. Like now, for example.

message 33: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Tim tensed slightly. "I honestly don't know how you've survived two years at Hogwarts since then," Damian said. "There are a lot more shadows there then there are here." "D-dami..." TIm said warningly

message 34: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

Ivy was very confused (remember how Ivy is like me? I am too) but continued to listen maybe it would start making sense.

message 35: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

Damian slipped into the shadows. Tim started panicking a bit as he could see Damian's shadow moved around. Tim curled up as much as possible. He had Sciaphobia, the fear of shadows.

message 36: by love hurts , Thunderbird Head (last edited Aug 02, 2016 04:53PM) (new)

love hurts  | 216 comments Mod
Hayden Walked in slipping her earbuds in and took out a book to read.

message 37: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

((Electronics don't work in the schools because of the magical interference.))

message 38: by love hurts , Thunderbird Head (new)

(( Oh. Nevermind, i'll edit it :) ))

message 39: by Mahima (new)

Mahima Pradhan Emma, eager to make a few friends, went over to Tim. "Hello! I'm Emma. Muggle-born. It's my first year at Ilvermorny. Would you introduce yourself?"

message 40: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

((Mahima, did you even make a character?))

message 41: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

(Are we still rping with Ivy?)

message 42: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

((yes. it be your turn))

message 43: by Ravenpaw/claw~Raise a Glass to Freedom, Horned Serpent head (new)

(Is it just Tim and her?)
Ivy peered around the corner and saw that the other boy was gone. She walked out from behind the shelf. "Found one! Hey, who were you talking to? I heard voices," she said.

message 44: by Astra , Pukwudgie head (new)

((no one has noticed Tim having a panic attack))

((yes))

message 45: by love hurts , Thunderbird Head (new)

(( u want my character to notice or no?))

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Jazzy walked into the library and searched the bottom shelves. She was looking for a funny muggle book to read. She enjoyed to read them and hadn't read one in a while.

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

"Perfectly fine!" Jazzy exclaimed happily. She straightened up. "Hi I'm Jazzy. What's your name?" She asked pleasantly and cheerfully. She had spoken a bit too loud and was shushed by the librarian. She giggled and smiled brightly at Paige.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

"Nice to meet you!" Jazzy whispered, but her words were clear and the chippy tone was still in her voice. She pulled out a book called, How to Eat Fried Worms. She had always wanted to read it. "What are you looking for?" She asked Paige.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

"Well then you're looking in the wrong spot." Jazzy whispered. "These are muggle books. Potion books are three isles down and take up two rows. Folllow me." She marched over to where thepotion books were.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

Jazzy smiled. "I have this whole library mapped out. I love coming here." She whispered. "What book are you looking for?" She asked curiously, leafing through the pages in her book.

« previous 1 3