Audiobooks discussion

Free Promos for Review > Please see new post for FREE Audible codes for Rob Dircks' new novel

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Rob (last edited Aug 16, 2016 09:45AM) (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Hey everybody!

My next sci-fi novel is out (whew!) and it's titled The Wrong Unit . I've got about 40 FREE Audible codes burning a hole in my pocket and I'd love to share them with you! If you'd like a code, send me a message with your email address. Thanks!

-- Rob

Here are the initial reviews of the new audiobook on Audible.com:

"★★★★ Rob Dircks knocks another outta the ball park! Not only innovative in his storytelling, Dircks also has a great sense of humor that easily translates into his books. Well done, sir; well done."

"★★★★★ I loved it!  I loved this book from beginning to end. It had everything a great story needs- lovable, relatable characters, drama, laughs, and a story that draws you in. If you like sci fi, try this book!"

About the Book:

I DON’T KNOW WHAT THE HUMANS ARE SO CRANKY ABOUT. Their enclosures are large, they ingest over a thousand calories per day, and they’re allowed to mate. Plus, they have me. An Autonomous Servile Unit, housed in a mobile/bipedal chassis. I do my job well: keep the humans healthy and happy.

“Hey you.”

Heyoo. That’s my name, I suppose. It’s easier for the humans to remember than 413s98-itr8. I guess I’ve gotten used to it.

---

Rob Dircks, author of 2015's hit sci-fi comedy  Where the Hell is Tesla? , has a “unit” with a problem: how to deliver his package, out in the middle of nowhere, with nothing to guide him. Oh, and with the fate of humanity hanging in the balance. It’s a science fiction tale of technology gone haywire, unlikely heroes, and the nature of humanity. (Woah. That last part sounds deep. Don’t worry, it’s not.)

(For readers of Where the Hell is Tesla?: It's not nearly as zany as that book, but equally as fun! )

message 2: by Penelope (last edited Jul 26, 2016 01:00PM) (new)

Penelope | 77 comments Rob ... oh I'm so excited your new book is out, I LOVED Where the Hell is Tesla, I got both the book and the Audio Book. I review under Fascinatingbooks on AMAZON and AUDIBLE and under the name Penelope here on Goodreads.

My email is piggybank666@yahoo.com

Thanks for writing another book! And you are a truly great funny narrator, which is very hard to do. I was so glad to see you are narrating this one too.

Pen

message 3: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Pen - you rock! the code's on its way from Audible. (btw, I just put an edit in the original description above - this one's not quite as zany as Where the Hell is Tesla?, in fact I'm now thinking it maybe only marginally could be called a comedy -- it's more like Peter Clines' recent novel The Fold: fun, thrilling sci-fi with a humor and heart throughout. In any case, ENJOY!)

message 4: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) | 519 comments Rob,

I loved "Where the Hell is Tesla?" I would like to give this one a try as well. There are a couple of books ahead of yours but I would like to give it a listen.

My address is jeffrey.barron.owens@gmail.com.

message 5: by Natalie (new)

Natalie (haveah) | 106 comments Thanks so much- I'll download it tonight. I'm excited! :)

message 6: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Jeffrey - psyched you loved Where the Hell is Tesla? ! Happy to have you on board for another one! The code's on its way from Audible now.

message 7: by Jessica (new)

Jessica  (jessical1961) | 519 comments That was fast!!! I was just in my email when yours popped up!!! Got the book. After I finish the other two I will get right to it. Looking forward to another great listen.

message 8: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 42 comments Hi Rob! I very interested in listening and reviewing the story. Cheri_flynn@yahoo.com.

message 9: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (purehrt555) | 23 comments I would love to listen and review, here is my email purehrt555@yahoo.com

message 10: by Kim (new)

Kim | 1 comments Hi Rob!

Your book The Wrong Unit sounds like a fun read (or listen).

I sent you a message via Goodreads with my email address.

Thanks!

message 11: by Michael (new)

Michael Flanagan (loboz) | 44 comments Yes please

flanagan74@yahoo.com.au

message 12: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 168 comments I would like to listen and review!

Vanessa.stevens@hotmail.com

Thanks!

message 13: by J. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ (new)

J.   ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ | 714 comments Thanks for the book, Rob. It was a lot of fun. You're one of the few authors in my opinion that is also a great narrator.

Now go write some more Where the Hell is Tesla :)

-Scott

message 14: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa | 168 comments Totally agree on the narration!

message 15: by A. (new)

A. Sines (asines) | 60 comments Wow. Just look at how many people loved your first book. I'm on that list, of course. Would love to listen and review. tyjosines@yahoo.com

message 16: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Okay, Cheri, Jodi, Kim, Michael, and A -- the codes are on their way from Audible. Enjoy!

message 17: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments J. wrote: "Thanks for the book, Rob. It was a lot of fun. You're one of the few authors in my opinion that is also a great narrator.

Now go write some more Where the Hell is Tesla :)

-Scott"

Thanks for the compliment, dude! I'm blushing. And as far as Where the Hell is Tesla?, the sequel is next up. I've got some words on paper, and the outline is completing itself in my head as we speak. (Oh, and thanks for the text review of The Wrong Unit here on Goodreads!)

message 18: by N (new)

N | 7 comments The book sounds good, and I'd love to read it and review. Please send to nallen1234@hotmail.com. Thanks!

message 19: by Edward (new)

Edward Murphy (beachsided) | 561 comments I would like to give it a listen please...jagsed5@hotmail.com

message 20: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Fisher | 308 comments I'm interested. leslie@neel.com

message 21: by Shane (new)

Shane Phillips | 91 comments Any left? shanep@aol.com

message 22: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Phil, N, Edward, Leslie, and Shane -- your codes are on their way from Audible. Enjoy!

message 23: by N (new)

N | 7 comments Got it thanks!

message 24: by Whisker (new)

Whisker Lickins | 6 comments Hi

The story sounds interesting I would love to give a listen and then review if you still have codes.

Best
Lance Frazon
lfrazon@gmail.com

message 25: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Lance and Alex - codes are on their way!

message 26: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (purehrt555) | 23 comments I just started your book this morning and I love your narration! I hope to finish it this weekend, and will review after. Thanks so much for the opportunity to listen and review, I appreciate it.

message 27: by Leo (new)

Leo (leobaquero) | 11 comments I would love to read (listen to) it and review it.
leo_baquero@hotmail.com

message 28: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 42 comments Hi Rob! Thank you for the opportunity to listen and review The Wrong Unit. I really enjoyed both the story and narration. Good Luck!

message 29: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Thanks Cheri! Your review rocked. If you didn't get a chance to read/listen to Where the Hell is Tesla?, I'd be happy to get you a code for that one, too. Let me know.

message 30: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Leo - your code's on its way from Audible. Enjoy!

message 31: by Penelope (new)

Penelope | 77 comments Hi Rob,

I loved it! My reviews on Amazon, Audible and here on Goodreads are posted, I hope you write many more books, you're the best!

Pen

message 32: by Cheri (new)

Cheri | 42 comments Hi Rob! Oh, Yes! I would love to listen to Where the Hell is Tesla. I've seen all the rave reviews. Thank you for the offer.

message 33: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Cheri wrote: "Hi Rob! Oh, Yes! I would love to listen to Where the Hell is Tesla. I've seen all the rave reviews. Thank you for the offer."

Hi Cheri -- code's on its way from Audible!

message 34: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Penelope wrote: "Hi Rob,

I loved it! My reviews on Amazon, Audible and here on Goodreads are posted, I hope you write many more books, you're the best!

Pen"

Hi Pen - WOW, thanks for the thoughtful review! I'm glad you liked it. Have a great rest of your summer!

message 35: by Jodi (last edited Aug 02, 2016 09:03AM) (new)

Jodi (purehrt555) | 23 comments Rob, I LOVED your book! I posted my review here, and on Audible and Amazon! Thank you so much for letting me listen and review!

message 36: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Jodi - holy cow, what a nice review, thanks! Hey, if you want a code for Where the Hell is Tesla, I still have a few left.

message 37: by Jodi (new)

Jodi (purehrt555) | 23 comments Rob wrote: "Jodi - holy cow, what a nice review, thanks! Hey, if you want a code for Where the Hell is Tesla, I still have a few left."

That would be awesome! Here is my email purehrt555@yahoo.com Thanks!

message 38: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Okay Jodi, the code's on its way from Audible. Enjoy the read/listen!

message 39: by Leslie (new)

Leslie Fisher | 308 comments Hi, Rob. Just wanted to let you know that I finished listening and posted reviews on Audible, Amazon, and Goodreads. I really enjoyed it. Thanks for the opportunity to listen.

message 40: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishga) | 212 comments I would love to read and review--I liked Where the Hell is Tesla~!

ttjbricker@yahoo.com

Thank you!

message 41: by Edward (new)

Edward Murphy (beachsided) | 561 comments I would like a code for Where the Hell is Tesla...jagsed5@hotmail.com

message 42: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Trish and Lori, your codes for The Wrong Unit are on their way from Audible. Edward, I sent you one for Where the Hell is Tesla? Enjoy the read/listen!

message 43: by Emily (new)

Emily Ross | 104 comments Are there any codes left? I love Tesla so I try to read whatever I can that relates to him :-) thank you :-)

Emilymross95@googlemail.com

message 44: by Edward (new)

Edward Murphy (beachsided) | 561 comments Thank You Rob

message 45: by Leo (new)

Leo (leobaquero) | 11 comments Rob wrote: "Leo - your code's on its way from Audible. Enjoy!"

Thanks Rob. I'll sure will listen to it and review.

message 46: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Emily, your code's on its way from Audible. Enjoy!

message 47: by donna (new)

donna backshall (dtamayob) | 64 comments Are there any codes left? This one came highly recommended.
dtamayob@gmail.com

message 48: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Donna - your code's on its way from Audible. Enjoy!

message 49: by Elena (new)

Elena Alvarez Dosil (lomeraniel) | 100 comments I'd love to review. My email is lomeraniel@gmail.com

message 50: by Rob (new)

Rob Dircks (robdircks) | 103 comments Elena - sorry, just saw this. Your code should be in your inbox from Audible. Enjoy!

« previous 1