What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. American fiction. Small town, single father working in (Paradise?) grill. Wants bigger life. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Littlesquid (last edited Jul 26, 2016 12:36PM) (new)

Littlesquid | 4 comments Hi, I am looking for book title and author of book set in 20th century small town America. It's about a divorced father with teenaged daughter. The town is/was ruled by rich industrial family of which only a very old lady with viscous cat remains. The father has ambitions to open a bookshop. Towards end they travel to Cape Cod for a holiday, I think. At some point a football game is described in detail. Thank you for your help.

message 2: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 40196 comments Mod
Is it genre fiction - romance, etc.? When did you read it? About what decade is it set? Author male or female? Remember the cover?

message 3: by Littlesquid (new)

Littlesquid | 4 comments Hi. General fiction- literature. I read it last year. I think it was set in the 1990s.. Author could be make or female. Can't remember the cover...

message 4: by Littlesquid (new)

Littlesquid | 4 comments It may start with the history of the rich people who rule the town and the river they diverted around their estate in the 1800s. But there is a small chance that is another book altogether.

message 5: by Sarah (new)

Sarah MacPherson | 46 comments Is this Empire Falls? Empire Falls It has been several years since I read it but it sounds right.

message 6: by Littlesquid (new)

Littlesquid | 4 comments Yes!!!!!! Thank you, it was bugging me so much.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Empire Falls (other topics)