Lovers of Paranormal discussion

can someone recommend a paranormal book with cornea or other member transplant?

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nardinragab (new)

Nardinragab | 1 comments Hi I watched a movie where heroine had a cornea transplant and started having scary visions, can someone recommend a novel like this?

message 2: by Anna, LoP BOTM & R2R mod (last edited Jul 26, 2016 07:16PM) (new)

Anna Erishkigal (annaerishkigal) | 795 comments Mod
The Eyes of Laura Mars? Oldie, but goodie :-)

Hmmm... Books about organ donation tend to be 'shelved' under science fiction or horror, but I'll give it my best shot:

You might start with the original Mary Shelly Frankensteinwhich single-handedly started the fantasy/horror genre :-)

Frankenstein by Mary Shelley

And then there is the Dean Koontz modern-day version of 'the monster' which I can highly recommend, technically horror, but it definitely has a strong fantasy element to it.

Prodigal Son (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, #1) by Dean Koontz City of Night (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, #2) by Dean Koontz Dead and Alive (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, #3) by Dean Koontz Lost Souls (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, #4) by Dean Koontz The Dead Town (Dean Koontz's Frankenstein, #5) by Dean Koontz

Never Let Me Go is a Japanese science fiction / dystopian novel about people raised for organ transplant which won all kinds of prizes and was later turned into a film.

Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro

Here's one about genetic engineering and profiteered body parts:

Bodyslick by John H. Sibley

Flatlander is a series of short stories by sci-fi author Larry Nivens that deals with entire body transplants.

Flatlander (Known Space) by Larry Niven

And here's some dystopia:

Spares by Michael Marshall Smith Unwind (Unwind, #1) by Neal Shusterman

And don't forget the transplant theme in the singalong cult movies / live action flicks The Rocky Horror Picture Show

...and Repo! The Genetic Opera.