Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived > what am I doing wrong?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 102 comments I have posted a couple of times on Fun, under That moment when. My post keeps getting deleted. I've read the rules and I believe I followed them. Confused please help.

message 2: by Joseph (new)

Joseph Ferguson | 40 comments Happens to me all the time too. This is not an easy site to navigate.

message 3: by Pam (new)

Pam Baddeley | 153 comments Had a look under Fun but that topic didn't appear on the first 2 pages. Have to say I haven't had the problem myself apart from when a moderator accidentally deleted a post and then apologised profusely. Is the GR site itself playing up with a circle going round or whatever?

message 4: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 102 comments I had someone post a response the second time I posted and then POOF it was gone again. It's disheartening.

message 5: by Pam (new)

Pam Baddeley | 153 comments Try refreshing the page (F5) as there is a GR glitch sometimes if you e.g. press the back button to move between pages and then go back.

message 6: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 102 comments Thank you I'll try...I guess meanwhile I'll just be an observer.

message 7: by Pam (new)

Pam Baddeley | 153 comments Your posts are obviously appearing on this thread. You could always try asking the moderators if it doesn't turn out to be a refresh problem.

message 8: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 102 comments How do I contact the moderators? I had that thought last night but couldn't make sense of how to get a hold of one.

message 9: by Pam (new)

Pam Baddeley | 153 comments You can post a query under 'General Goodreads Site Questions' thread under Author Help.

However, if you have the same problem there and your posts disappear, you can contact an individual moderator via a private message. To do that:

If you go to the home page of the group, their pictures and links are on the side. Click on one of them to go to their page. There should be a button under their picture with 'Follow author' on it. There is a downward pointing arrow or 'v' next to it. Click on that arrow/v and you get a menu with 'send message' on it.

That takes you to 'compose new message' with both your name and their name filled in. Just type in the message and click Send. This will send them a private message.

This all works (though I didn't click send) but I did this for Christina's profile and it worked OK. But try posting on the general GR site questions thread I mentioned above first as the mods do respond to those.

message 10: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Carol wrote: "I have posted a couple of times on Fun, under That moment when. My post keeps getting deleted. I've read the rules and I believe I followed them. Confused please help."

Hi Carol. There is no topic under our fun folder called 'That moment when.' Are you sure it was our group or another Goodreads group?

As for anyone else with a question as to why your post was removed, the answer is in the rules box that pops up to the right when you post.

message 11: by John Hooker (new)

John Hooker | 90 comments I saw the post, too (from an email notification) Then it vanished.

message 12: by Christina (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Well, if the whole post vanished, then yes, your reply will go as well. I didn't see the thread myself, but if it was deleted, it likely violated group rules.

message 13: by Carol (new)

Carol Marshall | 102 comments Maybe I violated a rule...but I read the rules over a couple times. I thought I was within the guidelines.

message 14: by Christina (last edited Jul 26, 2016 12:22PM) (new)

Christina McMullen (cmcmullen) Carol wrote: "Maybe I violated a rule...but I read the rules over a couple times. I thought I was within the guidelines."

Did you start the thread or were you replying to the thread? Sorry. Your original post made it sound like you were replying to a thread that already existed. If you were the author of the original post that was deleted, I'll see if I can find anything, but the most common reasons for a post being deleted would be: negativity, advertisement, posting in the wrong place, or posting about topics we do not allow (such as politics, religion, hot button issues in general).