Old Souls Book Club discussion

Just curious... > Have any of you tried any manifesting techniques?

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Saiisha (new)

Saiisha | 544 comments Mod
What worked for you? What didn't? And any examples you can share?

message 2: by S.L. (new)

message 3: by Ian-Anthony (new)

Ian-Anthony Finnimore | 53 comments A quick google would have answered that - it is essentially willing things into existence.

Wicca is a very good example of it I presume.

message 5: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Northey (GoodreadscomSlnorthey) | 7 comments Good Grieving: Narrative Perspectives of Loss and Bereavement

I did a bit of digging, and manifestation techniques help focus your energy to become connected to the divine energy of the universe, or God, however you view this universe of supernatural consciousness.

I pray, or think to myself as a form of my communication, wait for the answer or compelling notion that directs me, complete that task, give a prayer of thankfulness, then wait. I let time happen to allow the communication to fully unravel and complete itself. The prayer of thankfulness is a way to close a loop of communication by saying in a sense, I heard you, I did what was asked or inspired, and I am ending it with a response that the command, if you call it that, was understood.

I guess if you call it manifesting, then that's what I do. I feel that this manifesting is a loop of communication that has a beginning and an end...all messages do. If you are effectively communicating, then the loop of each communication must be closed by completing the task, then basically saying I think I completed what you desired to see...if not, let me know.

S.L.

message 6: by Saiisha (new)

Sorry, I assumed most people were familiar with the term these days! There's been a rage in the new age communities in the recent years about the "law of attraction" to manifest money, partners, cars, houses... so I was curious if anyone here had any experiences with it.

SL - I like what you're saying about what you call a loop of communication. I think that's a neat way to look at it - starting something, completing the task, and closing it with a prayer of thankfulness!

message 7: by S.L. (new)

S.L. Northey (GoodreadscomSlnorthey) | 7 comments Good Grieving: Narrative Perspectives of Loss and Bereavement

P.S. When I am cleaning the pool and wading around in the water that seems to be a great time that I telepathically transmit my joy, gratitude, questions to the energy that I refer to as I Am, or God.

I look at the blue skies and the super white clouds and I look up as I send these messages. Some days I just send "happy thoughts". Nothing to ask, just to give that energy back. I think is how God or the universal energy feels love. I can feel my energy pushing from the top of my head and going out and upward. I call it energy transference, that why I didn't understand this term "manifesting".

I do believe this greater presence desire love freely given. To feel appreciated and not taken for granted. I think truly powerful beings feel that their greatness gets in the way of their simple need.

message 8: by S.L. (new)

Saiisha, I think I go old school. I am hoping to see a burning bush, and I love rainbows. I still think it's great when there wasn't any paper or pens, Moses chiseled out the Ten Commandments in stone. I think that's where the term, unless it's written in stone....ha, that one is still funny to me.

message 9: by Saiisha (new)

S.L. wrote: "Good Grieving: Narrative Perspectives of Loss and Bereavement

Saiisha, I think I go old school. I am hoping to see a burning bush, and I love rainbows. I still think it's great whe..."

I love old school if it means rainbows and butterflies, snowflakes and sunrises - all such beautiful reminders of everyday sacredness all around us!

message 10: by Barbara (new)

Barbara | 127 comments I asked for help and clarity from a Higher Power and have received clear responses several times. For me, it's surrendering the outcome to the universe and not questioning when I receive the answer.
I've used this for new jobs, moving to new homes or cities, helping others, etc. I haven't manifested anything in terms of material things.

message 11: by Saiisha (new)

Barbara wrote: "I asked for help and clarity from a Higher Power and have received clear responses several times. For me, it's surrendering the outcome to the universe and not questioning when I receive the answer..."

That takes guts Barbara - to surrender the outcome to the universe and not questioning when you receive an answer! To let go of that control is a great lesson in spirituality :) And I'm happy to hear that you've been guided well during new jobs, moving, helping others...